I was going to use these as the motherboard/processor for my new system, but that apparently can no longer happen due to the bugs.
Would anyone be able to recommend an intel CPU/Motherboard combination that is close in price/performance? Or is it best that I just wait until they fix the issues, and then buy the fixed cpu/motherboard then? And if so, how will I be able to tell that they are the ones without the issues?
You should wait until the bug is fixed and the recalls are complete. There is nothing that is really comparable on price point to the k series right now. You won't have to worry about buying bugged hardware once the fixes go out because Intel is recalling all of the bad processors... unless you buy used and the person happens to have been to lazy to rma. The fixed chip is not out yet though, so not sure what the timeline will be like. Can't hurt to wait for Bulldozer to see if Intel chips drop in price at all though!