System wont boot, restartes itself.

Hello, Yesterday morning went to turn on the PC, it is a HP m8530f, CPU is AMD Phenom X4 9550. I upgraded the PSU and Gpu last year. Anyways went o turn it on yesterday and windows 7 booted about half way then blue screened. When I tried to reboot it it says no boot drives detected, on the next boot I went into bios and it is not showing that I have any Sata drives connected. I have both my DVD-RW and HD connected SATA. If I left the computer sit for a couple of minutes and cooldown, when I restart it, it detected both drives and again tried to boot, but again blue screened about half way.

I am not sure if maybe it is a heat issue, my wife says that the fans on the computer seamed to be running at high speed the last week.

Anyone have any ideas on what I can try to do? When the HD did recognize I ran the fix windows boot option, but it said it did not find anything wrong. Is this possibly a Raid controller going bad? or MB going bad, sense it will see both drives one boot but not another?

Also HD is a Seagate Barracuda 7200, 750g.
I am also getting no beeps during boot
3 answers Last reply
More about system wont boot restartes itself
  1. It is very possible that your SATA controller is going out. First thing to do though is check all connections Clean all heat sinks and fans and then try again.
  2. I have cleaned everything. I have also hooked the drive up as a slave on my other PC. I can not use it as the boot drive, it blue screens while trying to boot into windows 7, but I can have it as a slave and access it to pull all the files off of it. COuld it be a bad harddrive, even though I can access it?
  3. More likely that you have a corrupt OS install on it. Try repair install.
Ask a new question

Read More

Prebuilt Boot Hewlett Packard Systems