Sign in with
Your question

Belkin F5D7000 v7 Problems

Last response: in Wireless Networking
August 14, 2010 6:11:34 AM

I have the PCI Belkin F5D7000 v7000 Wireless Card.

It has the Realtek RTL8185L chipset.

This card has given me nothing but problems. The computer is running a fresh Windows XP install at the moment. I installed the drivers as Belkin instructs (install software, turn off computer, plug in the card, restart), and the wireless card is detected by Windows.

I can see our Home wireless connection, but the computer refuses to connect to it.

The Belkin utility says "This connection has Limited or No Connectivitiy" when I use it.
Windows XP's wireless utility refuses to connect to the network. It can see it, but if I try to connect, it states, "Windows is unable to connect to the network" etc

My laptop, in the same room, is connected to the network via wireless and is flawless. I don't get one drop out.

On rare occasions, on reboot, the wireless SOMETIMES connects, and I can get on the internet. This doesn't last long, with the Internet dropping out, massive lag spikes and I cannot reconnect, I get sent back to the error message stated above.

I reinstalled Windows XP just in case of something fishy, and that hasn't helped.

I also have used drivers for the Realtek chipset (doesn't even let me use wireless, so useless), the Belkin drivers on the CD, and the latest Belkin drivers for the V7 card, off Belkin's website. Both Belkin drivers give me the same problem which I've mentioned above.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
August 14, 2010 9:26:00 AM

Is the wireless adapter rather older than the router -- there are known issues between some wireless g cards and wireless n routers even when set to mixed mode.

Sounds simplest to try a different adapter.

m
l
August 14, 2010 9:28:22 AM

The adapter wouldn't be that much older than the router, we don't have a new router, its only a B/G one.
m
l
!