Closed Solved

What card to use as a dedicated Physx card.

Hi, i would like to know if i can use a second graphic card to use as a dedicated PhysX card, i already have a single EVGA GTX 275 896 Mb, my rig is

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz
Memory: 6144MB RAM
Hard Drive: 320 GB (Primary) + 1500 GB (Storage)
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 275
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Motherboard: EVGA X58 3-Way SLI Ready

if it is possible i would like you to tell me a list of the graphics card i can get for that porpuse. Thanks.
12 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about what card dedicated physx card
  1. I recall seeing an article about this, but i can't remember where. It might have been here at Toms or maybe Anantech or X-bit. Their recommendation at the time was a GTS 250 as a dedicated physX card, the GTS 450 may be a better choice now. Sorry i can't be more help.
  2. Hi what could happen if i dedicate mi cpu to PhisX in Nvidia Control Panel... is it going to improve PhysX in games? Is it recommended? Please reply.
  3. Yes, it will improve the PhysX effects in games that support it, but at the cost of performance.
  4. This next topics has been merged by Mousemonkey
    Dedicated PhisX
  5. Tamz_msc said:

I know those cards have PhisX capability what i wanted to know is wich one you recommend for me, i already have a gtx 275... i looking for a card of around 130 bucks 150 tops.
  6. Best answer
    Do not spend more than 100$ on a PhysX GPU.For 100$ you can have the GTS 250, but even a 9800 GT will do.
  7. Oh *** that really helps... it is good to know that using a card only for PhysX it is not necesary to be a expensive card. Thanks.

Unfortunately i live in Ecuador and here everything is more expensive than in the USA or UK so a gts 250 instead of cost $100 like in USA, here it cost like $150.

Yeah i know i shouldnt complain about that, but thats the way it is here.
  8. You need to keep in mind that your dedicated Physx card will only at all be useful in games that use GPU accelerated Physx. There are really only a handful of games where this is particularly important. Namely Mafia 2, Batman: AA, Metro 2033, Mirror's Edge and Sacred 2 are the only games where it really matters. Unless you plan on playing these particular games a lot your money would probably be better spent elsewhere. For example selling the GTX 275 and adding in the money you are about to spend on a Physx card can probably get you a GTX 470 or HD5850. That would help you in every game not just ones with GPU accelerated Physx.
  9. Best answer selected by alffie.
  10. jyjjy said:
    You need to keep in mind that your dedicated Physx card will only at all be useful in games that use GPU accelerated Physx. There are really only a handful of games where this is particularly important. Namely Mafia 2, Batman: AA, Metro 2033, Mirror's Edge and Sacred 2 are the only games where it really matters. Unless you plan on playing these particular games a lot your money would probably be better spent elsewhere. For example selling the GTX 275 and adding in the money you are about to spend on a Physx card can probably get you a GTX 470 or HD5850. That would help you in every game not just ones with GPU accelerated Physx.

Mmmmm i see.... well i think about it. Thanks.
  11. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Physx Graphics