Colorful Names

Having trouble finding the page I last used to color my ut2k4 name. Can
someone link to one. I want to build an application for windows that will
color ones names.

Please someone link me to the table of those special strings that produce
color in ut2k4 in game text and names.

JWE

Meltdown

Ansic enlightened us with:
> Having trouble finding the page I last used to color my ut2k4 name.
> Can someone link to one. I want to build an application for windows
> that will color ones names.

Please don't, it is very, very, very annoying. Many anti-cheat
programs also block people with colored nicks, because of this.

MeltDown
! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
!Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.

Schism

"MeltDown" <meltdownUSE@YOURunrealtower.imagination.org> wrote in message
> Ansic enlightened us with:
>> Having trouble finding the page I last used to color my ut2k4 name.
>> Can someone link to one. I want to build an application for windows
>> that will color ones names.
>
> Please don't, it is very, very, very annoying. Many anti-cheat
> programs also block people with colored nicks, because of this.

Wasn't epic supposed to ban colored names? Something about server lag?

On Thu, 9 Sep 2004 04:49:09 +0000 (UTC), Ansic
<jeremy.egner@murraystate.edu> wrote:

>Having trouble finding the page I last used to color my ut2k4 name. Can
>someone link to one. I want to build an application for windows that will
>color ones names.
>
>Please someone link me to the table of those special strings that produce
>color in ut2k4 in game text and names.
>
>JWE

The latest patch removed that as an option. You can still find
unpatched servers that will display your colored name.

I found it annoying and I'm glad Epic patched it out.

Folk <Folk@folk.com> wrote in

> The latest patch removed that as an option. You can still find
> unpatched servers that will display your colored name.
>
> I found it annoying and I'm glad Epic patched it out.

oh thanks for this nfo.

Meltdown

Schism enlightened us with:
> Wasn't epic supposed to ban colored names? Something about server lag?

Don't know. All I know is that when some message arrives about someone
fragging someone else, I want to be able to read it - and that's
impossible when someone changed the color to dark blue...

> Schism enlightened us with:
>> Wasn't epic supposed to ban colored names? Something about server lag?
>
> Don't know. All I know is that when some message arrives about someone
> fragging someone else, I want to be able to read it - and that's
> impossible when someone changed the color to dark blue...
>
> MeltDown

u CLuckers! come on.

Hi !

> u CLuckers! come on.

You know how to use google ? Took me 10 secs to find it, dooh ! o_O

--
Thorsten aka [ÆON] T'PAU
www.aeon-clan.org , quakenet: #ÆON

"Thorsten Neuhoff" <thorsten.neuhoff@thorstenn.de> wrote in

> Hi !
>
>> u CLuckers! come on.
>
> You know how to use google ? Took me 10 secs to find it, dooh ! o_O

well then link me to it. i'm lazy :)

j/k i looked. that's how i found it the first time. I just thought some
kind soul would have it bookmarked and give it to me.

oh well.

Meltdown

Ansic enlightened us with:
> well then link me to it. i'm lazy :)

Well, if you're too lazy to find the answer with a simple Google,
we're too lazy to help you out...

MeltDown
! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
!Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.

Grant

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2004

"MeltDown" <meltdownUSE@YOURunrealtower.imagination.org> wrote in message
> Schism enlightened us with:
> > Wasn't epic supposed to ban colored names? Something about server lag?
>
> Don't know. All I know is that when some message arrives about someone
> fragging someone else, I want to be able to read it - and that's
> impossible when someone changed the color to dark blue...
>
> MeltDown

What's even more annoying is a few people I have seen that TOTALLY screwed up
the name so it has changing symbols (no letters) that is sometimes 1 character,
sometimes 50 or more depending on where you are looking.

Frankly who cares, so here you are:

http://fraghouse.beyondunreal.com/colours.html

--
Regards Steve.

"Ansic" <jeremy.egner@murraystate.edu> wrote in message
> Folk <Folk@folk.com> wrote in
>
> > The latest patch removed that as an option. You can still find
> > unpatched servers that will display your colored name.
> >
> > I found it annoying and I'm glad Epic patched it out.
> >

> oh thanks for this nfo.

---

> Ansic enlightened us with:
>> well then link me to it. i'm lazy :)
>
> Well, if you're too lazy to find the answer with a simple Google,
> we're too lazy to help you out...
>
> MeltDown

pluck off.