joeyclapp

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
I am looking to buy a new machine. I'm looking to save some money. There is a $169 difference between the core 2 duo and i3. Is the $169 worth spending for the i3?

tecmo34

Administrator
Welcome to Tom's Hardware...

Can you give us a little more details on the actual CPU's in question? Also if you are looking at a Sandy Bridge CPU, you'll need to a wait a few more months as the motherboard have a chipset issue...

joeyclapp

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Btw... great picture with the Tecmo Bowl screenshot. That is a great game. Kept me busy for hours as a kid. Don't crucify me, I'm not sure how you feel about them, but I'm looking at Macs. I have a 13" MacBook and I do a small amount of video editing. The small amount that I do is very important though. Every project I've done has given me some type of minor blow up because there is just not enough computing power in the laptop. I'm looking to get a refurbished desktop. I have it down to two. They are practically identical in their specs, but one has a core 2 duo and the other has an i3. I realize the i3 is better, etc. I'm just wondering if it is worth my $170 to get the i3.