suuunly

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2010
Hi, I´m planing on building a Super-powerfull Gaming/Work computer.
The problem is that I´m more of a software person rather then a hardware person.

So I have some questions and it would mean the world to me if you guys could help me out :D
thanks.

1. Compatibility. ( Press the links for more information )
Ive found a Graphics card: VISIONTEK RADEON 5870 EYEFINITY 6 - 2GB PCI EXPRESS 6 PORT
Ive found a CPU: Intel i7-980X Core i7 Extreme Edition Six Core Processor
Ive found a Motherboard: ASUS P6X58D Premium
So my question is: are these 3 parts compatible with each other?

2. Extra Parts
I was wondering if you guys could tell me about some great products that will work for these products perfectly ( Money isn't an issue ):
I need a:
-PC case
-Fans ( including a new fan for the CPU )
-Hardrives
-CD/DVD/Blue-ray - Burner
-Power Supply
-RAM

3. Extra Help.
If you guys think of something better than my choices please feel free to tell me :D
Because I want a SUPER powerful Desktop PC, money isn't an issue

--EXTRA INFORMATION--
I do a lot of PC gaming which need high graphics and do a lot of game programing.
+ A lot of normal programing and Web Designing
+ Movie Editing.

If you can answer these questions which I´m having it would mean the world to me :D :D :D thanks! :D :D :D

blackjellognomes

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2009
Okay, so I have a few questions for you, in order for us to help you better.
First, do you have a monitor already, and, if so, what resolution? Second, are you avidly Intel-only, or would you consider AMD?

etk

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2010
For Programming, make sure you get a minimum of 3 monitors (Given budget). HD 69XX Series comes out in a couple of weeks, so hold off on the 5870. 980x/990X is a good choice for your budget (Whichever is out when you purchase, not worth waiting for the 990). Grab an intel SSD ~ 128GB and a quartet of WD Black or Spinpoint TB drives for RAID 10. Fans/WC depends on OC.

I have a CM HAF 932 That I like quite a bit, but cases are really just a personal thing.
I've had enough problems with ASUS support (1 DOA board and a 3 month hassle getting a BIOS for it, since the replacement board they sent me was missing the chip. Ended up having to pay $5 for it, after hours on hold...)that I won't buy from them anymore, but it is still considered a tier 1 manufacturer.

deadcold94

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2010

oh me to but i cant :pfff:
you rich people

my time shall come!!!! i will have the i7-980x

when it cost 95$| on ebay

vindictive

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2010

Nice quote, I see you changed it. its cuz you liked my sig. haha

suuunly

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2010

Well since I´m a big time Apple user, I would rather have an Intel.
I have a monitor but I was planning on chancing it to a montior like the Apple LED Screen ( 27´inch )
b.t.w: this is going to run Windows 7 64bit