Sign in with
Your question

Screen goes blank.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
September 17, 2010 7:22:48 AM

Hello,
My screen goes blank and won't show the desktop.If I right click on the taskbar I can get the desktop back up by clicking on,"Show the desktop," but as soon as I close out what I am using it goes blank again. What might be the problem?

More about : screen blank

September 17, 2010 9:06:50 AM

This topic has been moved from the section Forum Feedback to section Graphics & Displays by Buwish
a c 169 U Graphics card
September 17, 2010 9:52:42 AM

Hello and welcome to the forums
What are your system specs and what OS are you using ? also does it always happen or its a random issue ?
September 17, 2010 7:36:16 PM

What you are describing can have a few possible causes such as the Auto-hide has been selected for the taskbar, your account settings could be corrupt, the core files could be damaged, or explorer files did not load during startup properly. Things to try in smart mode(F8 at boot) are create a new user account, turn off auto hide, check for virus, and update windows. You will need to create a new account in Administrator and try the virus check and update in the new account. If all this fails your core files must be damaged and you will need to repair Windows XP by using the XP install disk.
!