Sign in with
Your question

ATI Radeon 5750 no video!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 17, 2010 9:09:22 AM

Well my new video card arrived today and I began the install process with no problems. I even installed the new power supply without an issue. I have an hp m8047c pic with an anted 380 watt psu with 28 amps on the 12 v rail. The card powers up fine but when the monitor us hooked up to the card it just boots to a black screen! I have no video being displayed at all. I diabked the onboard video adapter within windows and uninstalled my old nvidia drivers using dri er sweeper. I also went into the b i o s and told it to make the primary video adapter pci-e. I have no option to doable or enable onboard video, just to choose the primary source. What could be the problem here? Someone please give me some insight. I apologize for the horrible spelling. I am typing this on my cell phone. Thanks in adavance.

More about : ati radeon 5750 video

a c 169 U Graphics card
September 17, 2010 9:51:29 AM

Does it work fine with the on-board VGA?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
September 17, 2010 10:29:28 AM

na300zx said:
The card powers up fine but when the monitor us hooked up to the card it just boots to a black screen!

Are you sure the system is booting? Is the system completing the POST and loading the OS from the hard drive?

Does the on-board graphics work? Do you get the single short beep of a successful POST?

With the monitor cable disconnected from the computer, do you get a "signal lost" message on the screen?

m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
September 17, 2010 12:40:08 PM

Yes, Check cabling, see if it's posting and see if it works through onboard, Also open your case and make sure all your parts (and there fans) are fully operational.
m
l
September 17, 2010 5:14:45 PM

The computer works perfect with just the new power supply and onboard video. However, whenever i go into the bios and change te primary source to pci or pci-e it will still boot to onboard video without the card in. Whenever the card is installed with pci-e specified it just boots to a black screen. Im nky sure about post test. I do not have a speaker on the board? But everything works perfectly power wise. All the fans are turning, just no booting into windows.. I did more reasearch and foud that the problem may very well be an incompatibility with my moter board. http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?SLanguage=en-us&id=...
m
l
September 17, 2010 5:19:32 PM

A guy on yhr fotrum says that he got his 1 gb card to work, but mine does not work accordning to his soultion. I believe the board will only support Hoto 512 cards. Hp stopped support for this board in 2008, so no luck there. I know next time to build my own machine. Screw pre built systems! Lol i guess ill have to return the card to newegg. Will there e any problems with doing that as faras getting a refud? If anyone ere has any suggestions to a solution, please help me.
m
l
September 17, 2010 6:12:19 PM

I may. Also just save this.card.for a future build but then my luck would be that the card is do a lol
m
l
a b U Graphics card
September 18, 2010 3:14:23 AM

Make sure it goes Pcie-pci-igp in your graphics selection, IGP is the integrated graphics...
m
l
!