What Card are you Folding with?

I'm looking to get a little more out of my folding rigs and I want to know what cards everyones using and the ppd that they are getting. If you want to list what version of folding your running too thats cool. Thanks everyone!

Right now I'm running:

1 X GTX 260 thats is clocked at 1524 shaders and is giving me 8000+ ppd
1 X 9800GTX+ that the shaders are a little higher then stock with aftermarket cooler giving 5000-6000 ppd

on a side note on these rigs (2) i5 750 4.0Ghz all cores folding and a e7500 3.0 ghz one core folding. total 1200 ppd

ps. I really like Radeon but they just don't fold like they should. Give me numbers though if you have one running and like it!
7 answers Last reply
More about what card folding with
  1. Not a gamer, what is folding? And ppd?
  2. Currently, you will get more out of folding with Nvidia then you would with ATI because of the support Nvidia is providing to Stanford. My 2 260GTX's get between 6k-7k a piece at stock clocks and along side with my I7-920 depending on my clock can get between 13-17k ppd on A3 smp's and EL Wu's average 16-20k ppd. To the previous person, this is folding http://folding.stanford.edu/ . When folding with the I5-750 make sure you have the 6.30 client, and have it set as -smp4 -advmethods. You should get at least 6500ppd out of it. Currently I'm getting 5500 to 6000 ppd out of my Q8300 running at 3.0 ghz.
  3. He's talking about Folding@Home, a distributed computing project from Stanford university. It folds and unfolds proteins in hopes to help find cures for some diseases.

PPD = Points per day. Stanford had a great idea to award "points" for completing work units, to make people want to fold to be on top of the "leaderboard". It worked.

I could never get the GPU client to run on my machine. The CPU client ran fine, but I'm not about to run an overclocked machine 24/7 at 100%, that's just asking for trouble, and a high power bill.

A buddy of mine tested out his GTX470, said he was getting 12,000 PPD from it alone. Imagine a farm of overclocked 480s, AKA the sun!
  4. I fold on 2 computers. One is an Asus G51vx with T9600 at 3.2ghz and GTX260m(8800gt), getting 8K PPD on average. On the second computer, i5 750 3,8ghz, I get 9500ppd on A3 work units. The graphics is 4870, so I do not fold on it as it is a very hot card with only 3,5k to 4k ppd.
  5. kg4icg said:
    When folding with the I5-750 make sure you have the 6.30 client, and have it set as -smp4 -advmethods. You should get at least 6500ppd out of it. Currently I'm getting 5500 to 6000 ppd out of my Q8300 running at 3.0 ghz.

ok cool so im trying to do the 6.30 client but wondering if it is in the additional client parameters option that i set the smp4. i turned on advmethods though. let me know. thanks dude!
  6. not many folders on tom's it seems
  7. Yes set it -smp 4 -advmethods, and you should see your ppd increase.
    I just got finished folding a EL WU plus I shut down sometimes during the summer because of the heat, but oh well, and this was at a clock of 3.2 ghz for my EL WU on my I7-920.

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=427882

I've been folding for a little over a year and a half.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics