Sign in with
Your question

Nvidia 9600gt question

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 17, 2010 10:20:48 AM

Hello everyone,
I was wondering if nvidia gpus (as in my 9600gt) have the ability to scale down performance when it isn't needed, kinda like cool and quiet for AMD cpu's. My gpu runs kind of hot idle (60C) and thought it would come in handy if it scaled back say when the computer was idling.

More about : nvidia 9600gt question

a b U Graphics card
September 17, 2010 11:32:44 AM

imwithstupid118 said:
Hello everyone,
I was wondering if nvidia gpus (as in my 9600gt) have the ability to scale down performance when it isn't needed, kinda like cool and quiet for AMD cpu's. My gpu runs kind of hot idle (60C) and thought it would come in handy if it scaled back say when the computer was idling.

Hi there,

Well I've found that certain OC software like Ntuner or Rivatuner have the ability to manually set the clock speeds of the card, so if desired I think you can set the speeds way down to consume less power. That would entail saving the settings as a profile and just enabling the profile when you aren't stressing the card through gaming etc.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
September 17, 2010 11:45:38 AM

If your not looking for power savings, just lower temperatures I'd recommend MSi afterburner and set a custom fan profile.

You can also overclock your card this way.
m
l
!