Your question

The computer wont boot ?

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • Computer
  • Boot
Last response: in Motherboards
October 5, 2011 12:42:35 PM

the computer is low end for my little brother with i3-2100 and Intel DH61CR mobo it was working fine until last night when i took all the components and put them in my full tower case ( i bought another one ) and connected everything when i press power button it wont boot i checked the front panel connectors and connected them again when i press the power button the led lights in the fans of my case flashes for a second then it wont boot
could it be a motherboard failure ?

More about : computer wont boot

October 5, 2011 12:52:52 PM

Sounds like it could be a mobo failure. Check all your connections again (there is usually a guide in the motherboard manual). Does the motherboard turn on at all or does it just not boot into the operating system?
m
l
October 5, 2011 1:03:16 PM

johnnyq8 said:
the computer is low end for my little brother with i3-2100 and Intel DH61CR mobo it was working fine until last night when i took all the components and put them in my full tower case ( i bought another one ) and connected everything when i press power button it wont boot i checked the front panel connectors and connected them again when i press the power button the led lights in the fans of my case flashes for a second then it wont boot
could it be a motherboard failure ?

i think your problem could be any of these:
1. connection problem- recheck all power connectors specially on the motherboard
2. shorted motherboard surface to chassis - remove the board again see if at the back of board nothing is touching the chassis specially if you have a special cpu cooler where some of its assemby parts are screwed at the back of the board and sometimes chassis to motherboard surface are not enough
3. the shortest way to test if the chassis is the culprit, remove all parts and connect everything outside of the casing , see if it will boot minus casing.
m
l
October 5, 2011 1:30:14 PM

Quote:
well mr arabian, I'm almost certain nothing's broken, assuming you didn't tear off a capacitor or something when you manhandled the parts.

my suggestion would be to thoroughly check to make sure all components are connected the exact same as before, in the previous case.

*edited to emphasize "thoroughly"

well im not stupid to break any capacitor i checked the pc connections its all fine and even there is and LED light in the motherboard and its on thats clear the power is flowing to the motherboard i will extract the components and test them outside the case
m
l
!