Monitor Calibration

Last response: in Digital Camera
a b C Monitor
January 13, 2005 2:14:41 PM

I have just received some prints from Photobox that, although good quality,
do't match what I saw on my screen perfectly. They sent me a calibration
print, and I also have a file that I can open on my computer.

Can someone point me towards a tutorial on how to calibrate my display
properly... I'm assuming there is a more comprehensive & rigorous method
than just fiddling with my brightness and contrast until the onscreen image
'looks like' the calibration print!?

TIA

More about : monitor calibration

Anonymous
a b C Monitor
January 13, 2005 2:17:05 PM

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 11:14:41 -0000, elziko wrote:

> I have just received some prints from Photobox that, although good quality,
> do't match what I saw on my screen perfectly. They sent me a calibration
> print, and I also have a file that I can open on my computer.
>
> Can someone point me towards a tutorial on how to calibrate my display
> properly... I'm assuming there is a more comprehensive & rigorous method
> than just fiddling with my brightness and contrast until the onscreen image
> 'looks like' the calibration print!?

Look here:

http://www.normankoren.com/makingfineprints1A.html

--
John Bean

Why is it drug addicts and computer afficionados are both called users?
(Clifford Stoll)
!