Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Need help, Budget PC for Xmas gift

Last response: in Systems
November 8, 2010 1:34:00 PM

When I build my computer I'm used to spending $1500-2000 and it lasts many years. My kids have gotten older and they enjoy gaming with me but I just can't afford to build 2 more PC's like mine. Anything I build today will be lightyears better than what they are currently using but I want to do it as cheap as possible but still get a few years out of them. With that here is what I'm looking for:

Approximate Purchase Date: Before Xmas, the sooner the better, not a huge hurry though

Budget Range: >600, the cheaper the better

System Usage from Most to Least Important: WoW primarily, League of Legends, ... they dont have to have the highest settings but they run everything as low as possible now and it pains me to watch their screen look like a slide show. It's been fine when they just played Facebook games but now they are moving up... heh

Parts Not Required: Need full PC but no peripherals

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg if at all possible

Country of Origin: USA

Parts Preferences: Would like to at least go i3 so it's upgradable in the future

Overclocking: No

SLI or Crossfire: Not anytime soon

Monitor Resolution: Currently they only have 17" monitors but that will change eventually

Additional Comments: No OS or any software needed. Just need a reliable cheap system to run WoW on decent settings that can be upgraded as time goes on. For example next year I can upgrade the Video and 6 months later the processor, etc.

Any input is appreciated and I thank you ahead of time for your responses

More about : budget xmas gift

November 8, 2010 1:39:26 PM

Bythe time X'mas is coming the GPU landscape could see some significant changes so i'd hold my horses if u dun need a.s.a.p
m
l
November 8, 2010 2:38:10 PM

While I agree with and understand what you're saying the GPU can be easily changed out should a better deal come around when it actually comes time to order the parts. But I'm still hoping to get a good idea for a total system and can shop around from that point.

My main issue is I've never built budget before, I always build near top end and let it ride for years with a GPU upgrade here and there so I am ignorant on what will just meet my needs posted above
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

November 8, 2010 2:43:17 PM

This is my usual Full HD capable sub $540 gaming config
November 9, 2010 11:48:17 AM

Sadly no one else offered assistance which is unusual for here so you get the best answer Batuchka! Thanks for your help
m
l
November 9, 2010 11:49:22 AM

Best answer selected by farroo.
m
l
November 10, 2010 6:19:12 AM

Yep happy shopping/building and cheers ^^
m
l
!