AHCI BIOS Not Installed (X58A-UD7 / i7 / W7-64BIT)

Hi, I've rummage through threads and topics but have had no luck finding direct answers regarding a problem i'm having with the GA-X58A-UD7 & AHCI/Raid for the Intel ICH10R. Looking for any advice or solutions regarding the following...

In the BIOS I have the ICH SATA Control Mode set to RAID(XHD) and drives are recognised and also running fine.

Yet when I connected two identical 3TB hard drives in an attempt to set up a 6tb raid 0 array I was greeted with this post memory warning 'AHCI BIOS not installed' (although AHCI is enabled on the Marvel 9128 controlled ports which my windows 7 install was installed with and runs perfectly)

Also in the post message the two 3TB drives are only 746.5GB, which I've read is possibly a limitation of the controller.

I also receive a error warning to install the Intel Matrix Storage Manager Version 8.9.0.1023 Utility when windows starts.

On the Gigabyte drivers page for my GA-X58A-UD7 (rev. 2.0) the following two drivers are available: Intel SATA Preinstall driver (For AHCI / RAID Mode) & GIGABYTE SATA2 Preinstall driver (For AHCI / RAID Mode).

A floppy drive is needed to install the drivers during windows setup which threw me off big time. I understand you can also do this with a bootable flash drive yet I couldn't find definitive instructions relating to my scenario

I don't mind reinstalling windows to install these drivers at the same time, but what if it all comes down to not being able to set up a 6tb raid 0 array because 3tb drives are not compatible with ICH10R raid

I'm really confused and desperately need some direction. I guess I could move the drives and set up the array on the JMicron JMB362 ports, although I have read negative things regarding that controller and raid. At the moment I have 2 Optical drives connected connected to those ports in IDE mode which they are perfect for. What should I do?
2 answers Last reply
More about ahci bios installed x58a 64bit
  1. :) bios update yet?
  2. there is a way to turn on ahci after installing os.

1. Make a system restore point. in case it fails.

2. start regedit.exe

3. then go to
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Msahci

4. edit first row

(Standard) - REG_Z - (Set value to 0).

5.reboot and turn on ahci in bios.
Ask a new question

Read More

Gigabyte NAS / RAID BIOS Motherboards