Intel vs Gigabyte P67 motherboard

UnevenPieces

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2009
I had to change like 3 motherboards and now I can't choose between Intel or Gigabyte. I had problems with both. I've been told that Gigabyte motherboards tend to fail faster compared to Intel which are more stable. On the Intel motherboards I had some issues with components which were making whining sounds, plus, their cpu fan control gave me some problems. With Gigabyte, I had a lot of crashes and system freezes (no, it wasn't software related, I've tested).

Is there a difference, performance wise, between the two ? (I feel like I'm gambling with my money)
Thanks

Intel® motherboards are generally the most stable on the market. When you are talking about Intel Desktop boards most people view them as be rock solid but... they are not the best performance boards. They are generally limited on overclocking and don't have all the features you might find on some of the higher end preformance boards out there. The Intel DP67BG has been reviewed well and got some good feedback as being one of the better enthusiast boards we have released.

Gigabyte generally does a good job of making boards that are both fairly reliable and can be overclocked well.

I have used both Intlel and Gigabyte boards and had good experiences with them. I would advise that you use the newest chipset the Z68. There is a new enthusiast level board out there from Intel using the Z68 chipset that have just been released so it isnt showing up yet but it might be the best for you. (DZ68BC)

Chrisitan Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team

TRENDING THREADS