Sandbridge recall intel

ucsftor

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2011
Hello,I just bought an XPS 8300 from Dell. They have stopped selling it. I wonder why. I called them and they told I didn't have the P67 chipset. Anybody heard a problem with XPS 8300?

lookyloo

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2011

There's a huge recall due to a defect. I placed an order last week and I am trying to find out what's happening to my machine.

It looks like it might be a while.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/sandy-bridge-flaw-recall/

TheTech214

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
The issue is that the motherboards 6.0gbs sata connects are wearing down over time stop working the cpu its self is alright its just the motherboards. The problem will be fixed by April.

Kaori Cpu

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2010
Its not that The P67/H67 chipsets are defective. The Sata II 3.0 ports are connected through a thinner and weaker bridge compared to the others so they wear down much faster over heavy use. As stated, it is said that only 15% of the chipsets are effected by it and alot of people think it happens to only be the Chipsets made by FOXCONN. Other issues have surfaced because of Foxconn's Lack of....well, their products. If you want to make sure your Chipset doesnt wear out, switch your Optical drive and hard drive cables to the 6.0 Sata or the marvel.

Get your facts straight please...

The SATA problem has nothing at all to do with Foxconn. Intel is the only manufacturer of the chipsets.

The H67/P67 chipsets are indeed defective. Not all of them will have the problem, but they ALL have the potential.

The problems caused by Foxconn are very isolated instances of the plastic CPU sockets (which are manufactured by Foxconn) burning when excessive CPU voltage (1.6v and above) is applied for overclocking.