Sign in with
Your question

Run previously installed programs on HDD with SSD boot

Last response: in Storage
February 19, 2013 5:30:58 AM

Hello all,
So I recently purchased a Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD and have installed a fresh copy of Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. I want to use the SSD mainly as boot disk and just run programs from the 1TB HDD i had used prior to purchasing my SSD. My concern is that I want to run the programs that are already installed on that HDD, but of course, there are some registry errors. Is there any way to get around these errors and run the programs already installed on my HDD through the SSD? Would save a ton of hassle without having to reinstall my DAW and VST plugins I use religiously.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks!

Specs:
-GIGABYTE GA-970A-UD3 AM3+ AMD 970
-AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz
-EVGA Nvidia GTX 560 2gb
-G.SKILL Sniper 8GB DDR3 1333
-Corsair CX 550W

More about : run previously installed programs hdd ssd boot

a b G Storage
February 19, 2013 5:50:30 AM

you can copy all the file of your program and do a repair (uninstall sometimes does give this options however it depends on the program)

If you can't repair, try to update the application (if you can start it) or if it have a stand alone update module (double click on the update app)

Other than that, you could try to repair registry errors with CCleaner ot Tune up Utlities but i doubt that would solve any problem...
m
l
February 21, 2013 8:28:11 PM

cool, thanks spawnkiller, I tried that and still can't properly run previously installed programs from the other drive.
m
l
Related resources
!