Crossfire Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
The xfx card you linked has a memory clock of 4.0 ghz, while the card you have has 4.5 ghz. Most likely what will happen is the card you have now will run slower at the 4.0 speed if you put the xfx card in, but I doubt you'll even notice a difference.

thestrangebrew

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
No I don't think so. For crossfire to work optimally (assuming you have a good psu), you'd need to get another 5850 with the same amount of RAM and speed, otherwise, it'll clock down to the lesser. It's not brand specific, but aside from brand, specs should be the same.

thestrangebrew

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
The xfx card you linked has a memory clock of 4.0 ghz, while the card you have has 4.5 ghz. Most likely what will happen is the card you have now will run slower at the 4.0 speed if you put the xfx card in, but I doubt you'll even notice a difference.

Solution

ubronan

Distinguished
May 13, 2009
you can indeed combine those 2 5850 without a problem i have running different types of 4XX0 cards together so make sure to use the fastest card your primary by putting it in the pci-e slot closest to your cpu (which should be slot 0 in general) "ps computers count from 0 upwards"

Status
Not open for further replies.