UT2K4 Frag.Ops v2.0 full released

Last response: in Video Games
September 16, 2004 5:41:50 AM

Today, Frag.Ops becomes what we had announced back in December of 2003: The
next generation of modern tactical first-person shooters. In v2.0, a new
gametype is introduced, called War, which grants the player the ability to
build structures and deploy vehicles -- which can be as small as an M240
machine gun, or as large as a two-story sniper tower. There are also tons
of features. We hope you're ready!

So without any further delay, here are the download links :) .
(Total size 430MB)

http://www.frag-ops.com/ (english) + 76Mb video
http://www.frag-ops.de/ (german)

Major Features:
Wave-based respawn system for War gametype
Multiple modes of play for War: War TDM (custom TDM), Objective Capture,
Linear Objectives, and both Capture+Linear
Classic Mission gametype, round based team elimination and objective play
High quality weapon animations and sound
Professional-level voice acting
Combat Experience (CXP) determines which weapons a player can use, and how
advanced his build/deploy upgrades are
Build, deploy, and upgrade items like Jeeps, Machine Guns, SandBag Walls,
even an APC with .50cal MG and Concussive Grenade launcher
Attributes system for distributing focus points: Mechanics for vehicles,
Weapons for deployable weaponry, Structures for static objects
Trait system lets a player be who he wants: choose a trait that matches
your play style or personality
Beautiful new and classic environments like a rustic city by the bay, a
factory near the lush fields of Germany, and the virus production plant of
an evil corporation
Dynamic Objects system makes many ingame items highly realistic, like
grenades that are deflected and destroyed with gunfire
Shooting dead bodies will make them react to gunfire in network games
Realtime Shadows cast multiple dramatic player shadows that follow the
brightness and direction of lightsources in the level
Choose a head and body skin independantly: mix and match player models!
26 weapons at your disposal with more than 20 optional upgrades, thousands
of loadout combinations
Gory custom blood effects and ragdoll
Bot Support
....and a lot, LOT more.

Have phun - Klaus
September 16, 2004 5:54:24 PM

Klaus Bregel enlightened us with:
> Today, Frag.Ops becomes what we had announced back in December of
> 2003: The next generation of modern tactical first-person shooters.
> In v2.0, a new gametype is introduced, called War, which grants the
> player the ability to build structures and deploy vehicles -- which
> can be as small as an M240 machine gun, or as large as a two-story
> sniper tower. There are also tons of features. We hope you're ready!

I'm definitely going to give it a try!

MeltDown
! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
!Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.
September 17, 2004 4:09:34 PM

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 01:41:50 +0200, Klaus Bregel <space-orbit@gmx.de>
wrote:

>Bot Support

Its a shame they are daft as brushes, I don't know why they bother bot
support in when it is that bad.