New cpu & gpu -- cpu possibly overheating?

Imoxy

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2011
I just got my new CPU and GPU in the mail today, installed them, and now I've been watching them with Speedfan/CCC, and I am really not sure what is going on. Bit of a noob when it comes to this sort of thing, so I apologize in advance for asking any stupid questions.

Here is a screenshot from my Speedfan: http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/6760/speedfane.jpg

The RPM for the fan is showing 5400+ and stays between 5400-5800. Isn't that a bit high?

Also, the temperatures keep varying as well -- I've even seen the flame icon appear occasionally next to the temps -- and now I am worried.

I installed everything according to directions (and there is thermal paste on the heatsink) -- and there are 2 other fans in the case not including the one on the heatsink. I have also just opened the side of the case to try to get more air in there.

Thoughts?

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor
GPU: HIS H695F2G2M Radeon HD 6950 2GB
Mobo: ASUS 790FX M3A32-MVP DELUXE
PSU: 750 WATT OEM ATX
8GB RAM

Let me know if you need any other info.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Imoxy

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2011
I have no idea what temp3 is.

Whatever it is, just went up to 60c idle.

I just turned the pc off. I am done for the night. This is why I bought the overpriced Alienware in the first place. I clearly have no business building/upgrading my own pc.

Very frustrating. :(

TRENDING THREADS