Http://www tomshardware com/forum/260686-29-pcie-frequency-helping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eagleeye25

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
Hi i have been having an issue with my GPU (at least i think it is) the gpu's fault... I bought a new card Gigabyte's GTX460OC. now when i play games i see a transparent line going up and down on my monitor. but only and only when i move... as in walk run or change camera angles. otherwise it is perfectly fine. I don't see the transparent line when i watch movies videos. or even benchmarks. The games i speak of are Battlefield bad company 2. and Final Fantasy 14. Specs are 550W Rocketfish Power supply (500 continuous) P4 Q6600 (i am suspicious of the CPU) heck i have tried almost everything, from new drivers to voltage checking if it's too high or low.. not overclocked (except Factory OC) Tried on my HDTV with DVI and HDMI. tried the same for my Monitor. nothing helps... tried all kinds of different Resolutions. so i have come up with one or 2 ideas. One my powersupply is not giving enough power? 2 my Card is damaged goods. oh and i run 800MHZ ddr2 x4gig

Solution
Have you tried enabling VSync in the Nvidia Control Panel or in the game? Other names it goes by are "Wait for Vertical Refresh" or "Vertical Synchronization" and some others perhaps.

Eagleeye25

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
Sorry for the delay guys, i had forgotten to click on email notification. OK so the power supply cost me 160$ in my opinion it is strong enough. (Even Gigabyte thinks so) its 550 Max peak... but has a nice 500W continuous. i have tried Vsync. ON and off i have tried all kinds of resolutions... line is still there and i am starting to think it's either Nvidia driver fault, or simply Hardware. Since it only happens on DX9 games so far (have yet to try dx10's) i will find a DX 10 game. since it does not occur on demos and benchmarks.

Eagleeye25

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
Once again i apologize for the late reply. And i would like to add that gigabyte has yet to figure the issue, they sent me some new bios F4 version which i am quiet happy with mind you lol. But the line is still there! One more thing i could be losing it because of the line never going away! but while playing FFXIV in one of the areas the line does not appear. It's the Gridania area. The area is a forest lots of green and trees... don't know if it even means anything, all i know is i will give asmuch detail as needed. Please guys ask whatever you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.