Computer booted with 16 gig of ram and now wont

bunty13

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2011
Hello,im looking for anyone who might have had the same problem as im haveing atm i rebuilt my pc yesterday and it booted fine with 16 gig of ram and was showing 16 gig loaded at the same time i was also rebuilding my sons pc.His ram had a problem and would not boot so i took half of mine out and booted his and left it till i got some more this morning .When i went to reeboot mine with the whole 16 gig again it will not boot with all 4 sims if i remove one it will boot but only says 8 gig... I have tried diffident configs of ram and slots and they all seem to be fine only it wont boot with all four sims in the pc it just hangs with a red ram light and black screen i have also tryed to mem ok button on my board with no luck trying to get this in memory but couldn't get the option

bunty13

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2011
so sorry was late when i posted been trying to figer it out all day i did some more testing last night seems my third ram slot it not posting a single sim in each of the others works not that one its a ASUS P8Z68-V i flashed the bios last night so its the latest one as i thought that might be the problem and the ram is g skill ripjaws ddr3 1600 4 4 gig sims i have 12 gig up and running now