Game graphics problem...

dipology

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2010
Hi guys,

I'm new in here. I was having an irritating prob lately that my PC randomly shut down after 5-10 mins of starting windows. I upgraded my PSU to 1000W Thermaltake but still same prob occurred. Then I reassembled all the hardwares and reinstalled XP again. Surprisingly there is no more the same prob, but a new one. Every single game I play gives poor graphics; no more freezing but slows down in times of special powers or too many characters or so on.

My PC spec: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66 GHz, 9600GT 512MB PCIE, 1 TB HDD, 4GB RAM etc. I’ve cleaned the dust in the chasis with a blower, kept the monitor framerate to 75 Hz at 1024X768, defragmented the files, cleaned crap files with CCleaner, checked for unwanted files or viruses etc. Now I don’t find a clue how I can solve this prob. Please help me to solve this problem guys.

~Dipro.

55Range

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2010
Do you have all the latest drivers , especially for your graphics card ?
Btw, my 9600 gt, had some dust problems, i had this problem before, clean it will air. Might do the trick.
And about your refresh rate, is it native 75 hz ?

knotes

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2009
set it so that the gpu is doing all the physx work, i had a problem where my cpu was set to process physx and i had horrible rates till i changed it to my gpu

NO! If physx is enabled on the card the game will lagg more. It's not a high end card and there isn't enough video memory on it. So disabling it altogether should help a little.

dipology

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2010
I still have 1 years warranty more with the card and even a few day ago I could run Darksiders 2 quite smoothly. I also have changed the processor fan ( I got it for free- because of the paste thing was messed up on the previous one), still the problem remains. Yeah, I also think that it's probably with the card.

My question is if one or more of the hardwares are troubling, why it runs OK on the second time I turn on the PC? (As every time I shut down my PC, next start up the problem happens. If I turn it off and touch/reassemble the hard wares/ wires- The PC is OK until the next turning off).... weird.

I have my birthday coming up on January, my mom intends to give me an ATI 5770 Card. But before that I have to make sure that the problem is actually with the Card (9600GT).

Thanks all of you for contributing with suggestions to solve this creepy trouble.

-Dipro.