Game graphics problem...

Hi guys,

I'm new in here. I was having an irritating prob lately that my PC randomly shut down after 5-10 mins of starting windows. I upgraded my PSU to 1000W Thermaltake but still same prob occurred. Then I reassembled all the hardwares and reinstalled XP again. Surprisingly there is no more the same prob, but a new one. Every single game I play gives poor graphics; no more freezing but slows down in times of special powers or too many characters or so on.

My PC spec: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66 GHz, 9600GT 512MB PCIE, 1 TB HDD, 4GB RAM etc. I’ve cleaned the dust in the chasis with a blower, kept the monitor framerate to 75 Hz at 1024X768, defragmented the files, cleaned crap files with CCleaner, checked for unwanted files or viruses etc. Now I don’t find a clue how I can solve this prob. Please help me to solve this problem guys.

~Dipro.
8 answers Last reply
More about game graphics problem
  1. Do you have all the latest drivers , especially for your graphics card ?
    Btw, my 9600 gt, had some dust problems, i had this problem before, clean it will air. Might do the trick.
    And about your refresh rate, is it native 75 hz ?
  2. @55range: Yeah, I've downloaded the latest drivers. I've cleaned it with air blower carefully and set the refresh rate from the Nvidia control panel....
  3. The refresh rate- should be at default- do not increase it -
    So is 75 hz default ?
  4. go into the nvidia control panel and shut physx off. Then check other settings while in game and make adjustments.
  5. set it so that the gpu is doing all the physx work, i had a problem where my cpu was set to process physx and i had horrible rates till i changed it to my gpu
  6. knotes said:
    set it so that the gpu is doing all the physx work, i had a problem where my cpu was set to process physx and i had horrible rates till i changed it to my gpu

NO! If physx is enabled on the card the game will lagg more. It's not a high end card and there isn't enough video memory on it. So disabling it altogether should help a little.
  7. It's just your card, can't run what you are asking of it smoothly.
  8. I still have 1 years warranty more with the card and even a few day ago I could run Darksiders 2 quite smoothly. I also have changed the processor fan ( I got it for free- because of the paste thing was messed up on the previous one), still the problem remains. Yeah, I also think that it's probably with the card.

My question is if one or more of the hardwares are troubling, why it runs OK on the second time I turn on the PC? (As every time I shut down my PC, next start up the problem happens. If I turn it off and touch/reassemble the hard wares/ wires- The PC is OK until the next turning off).... weird.

I have my birthday coming up on January, my mom intends to give me an ATI 5770 Card. But before that I have to make sure that the problem is actually with the Card (9600GT).

Thanks all of you for contributing with suggestions to solve this creepy trouble.

-Dipro.
Ask a new question

Read More

Prebuilt Graphics Systems