  • Dial Up Connection
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
September 17, 2004 2:07:02 PM

My friend has the following components in his system. Sound card is
Creative SB Live! series

AMD Athlon XP processor (1.7 GHz)
Nvidia Geforce3 Ti200
512 Mb RAM
80 GB HDD
Operating System Windows 98 Second Edition 4.10.2222 A

What you recommend for him to run UT2004 faster and more reliably. He tends
to crash now.

Thanks,
MACHGUN

More about : dial friend pla ut2004

September 17, 2004 7:52:42 PM

what.now wrote:

> My friend has the following components in his system. Sound card is

> Nvidia Geforce3 Ti200

That's probably the slowest part.

> 512 Mb RAM

Another 256M+ would be cheap and effective.

> Operating System Windows 98 Second Edition 4.10.2222 A

That's starting to show its age now. XP.

> What you recommend for him to run UT2004 faster and more reliably. He tends
> to crash now.

Cpu could do with upgrading also. 2k4 is an utter hog, but could
probably run "ish" with that setup if you turned down all the eyecandy
and 3d sound.

--
Flash
September 17, 2004 8:52:27 PM

what.now enlightened us with:
> My friend has the following components in his system.

Why don't you get your friend over here? Communication is always more
efficient when it's direct instead of proxied.

> What you recommend for him to run UT2004 faster and more reliably.

1. Clean your cache.
2. Make sure you exit _all_ unneeded background programs.
3. Download AdAware and run & upgrade it regularly.
4. Switch to OpenGL.
5. Defragment your harddisk every week.
6. Make sure you run the latest official version of UT
7. Upgrade all your drivers to the latest version.
8. Re-install DirectX.
9. If you have a Via MoBo, install the 4-in-1 drivers.

> He tends to crash now.

Who, your friend? Just kidding. Check the UT2004.log file for reasons
of the crash. Without more info, we can't do much.

MeltDown
! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
!Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.
September 17, 2004 10:55:07 PM

what.now wrote:
> My friend has the following components in his system. Sound card is
> Creative SB Live! series
>
> AMD Athlon XP processor (1.7 GHz)
> Nvidia Geforce3 Ti200
> 512 Mb RAM
> 80 GB HDD
> Operating System Windows 98 Second Edition 4.10.2222 A
>
> What you recommend for him to run UT2004 faster and more reliably. He tends
> to crash now.

Your friends system looks pretty similar to mine - apart from the vid
card. I have a Ti4400 and that runs pretty well for me. I certainly feel
it adequate to play the game. They're probably going pretty damn cheap
now. Other than that, I would recomment broadband, if he can get it. I
don't know where you live, but making the huge assumption that you're in
a reasonably connected country, broadband isn't that much more expensive
and is well worth it.

--
IWIK
Anonymous

Thanks guys
Every reply is helpfull
MACHGUN

"what.now" <what.now@insightbb.com> wrote in message
> My friend has the following components in his system. Sound card is
> Creative SB Live! series
>
> AMD Athlon XP processor (1.7 GHz)
> Nvidia Geforce3 Ti200
> 512 Mb RAM
> 80 GB HDD
> Operating System Windows 98 Second Edition 4.10.2222 A
>
> What you recommend for him to run UT2004 faster and more reliably. He
> tends to crash now.
>
> Thanks,
> MACHGUN

September 20, 2004 11:35:01 PM

If he does one thing, have him lose the Windows 98!

Thus Spake what.now on 9/17/2004 3:07 AM:

> My friend has the following components in his system. Sound card is
> Creative SB Live! series
>
> AMD Athlon XP processor (1.7 GHz)
> Nvidia Geforce3 Ti200
> 512 Mb RAM
> 80 GB HDD
> Operating System Windows 98 Second Edition 4.10.2222 A
>
> What you recommend for him to run UT2004 faster and more reliably. He tends
> to crash now.
>
> Thanks,
> MACHGUN

September 21, 2004 12:55:06 AM

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 19:35:01 GMT, Koop <koop@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>If he does one thing, have him lose the Windows 98!

To paraphrase Spaced, make sure he burns it, if he loses it he might
find it again!