Display goes off when connect to tv thru hdmi

G

Hi,
Hope anybody can help me with this issue.
I recently bought a HDMI cable to connect my laptop(DELL) to TV (Sony Bravia). First few sessions were all good till i changed the settings in the windows mobility centre. All i did was connecting to the external display hoping i could turn off the display on my laptop while watching the same on my TV. But unfornately my laptop screen just went black & there was a error message on my TV stating "Unrecognized signal, check your display output". When i remove the HDMI cable from the laptop the screen will restore.
Appreciate any help to solve this problem.
Thanks
Kush

G

Set all change to default value. Than see what happen. If you need to change anything than change from graphic card setting.

Thanks for the information. Would you be care enough to explain how to change the settings to default value as well. I'm using Vista, thanks alot!!!

mubin

Distinguished
In windows mobility centre, click on the Connect display button, than in the new tab click on Duplicate my desktop on all displays(mirrored). It should be the default setting.
If your problem gone after that setting, than change external display setting form Display option, where you can change screen resolution. You can see the Multiple display option below under resolution setting.