Geforce GTX 470 will not post

I got a new PNY GeForce GTX 470 graphics card a few days ago and I absolutely can not get it to work. When I put it in and boot up the computer I get nothing but a black screen. The card has dual 6 pin PCI-e connectors where the card I'm upgrading from (geforce 8800 GTX) had one. The Fan on the new video card spins when I power on the computer but it will never give me a post screen or anything. I got a new PSU (850watt thermaltake) and that didn't do the trick either. I trolled the forums on here for a few hours trying to find other solutions and I tried a few different things; updating bios and running driver sweeper were the last 2 I did that. My friend has this exact card and put his in my case and it did the same thing. I put mine in his case and it booted up right away. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I have completely ran out of ideas after the past few days.

PC specs:
Motherboard: Asus P5N-E SLI
CPU: Intel core 2 quad Q6700
Memory: 4 gigs G.Skill DDR2 PC2-6400
PSU: 850-watt Thermaltake TR2 RX
1 answer Last reply
More about geforce post
  1. have you plugged in BOTH of those 6 pin power connectors?? Im sure your PSU will have them. Try the other PCI-e slot? Ive heard that some PCIe2.1 cards have issues with 1.x slots. Your motherboard has an older 1.1 slot. Have you tried resetting your BIOS with the jumper on the motherboard?
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gtx Geforce Graphics