Dell D600 Latitude

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
January 22, 2005 10:51:15 PM

Hi,

I appear to be having a strange problem with my laptop. I am having a
constant ticking noise come from my laptop, which would make one think
it is a hard-drive error, but the noise only sounds when I have one
particular application open. The second that application is minimised,
the ticking noise stops and doesn't continue until that application is
opened again - Strange !!

I have checked all settings etc with my laptop and the application, but
cannot seem to cure the problem.

If anyone has heard of this before or is aware of a fix - please
let me know as it is most frustrating !!

Thanks,
SelCo.

More about : dell d600 latitude

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
January 23, 2005 5:39:02 PM

sounds to me like a bad sec tor in the hardrive to a scandisk and
defrage to see if that helps
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
January 23, 2005 8:21:40 PM

selco40@hotmail.com wrote:
>constant ticking noise come from my laptop, which would make one think
>it is a hard-drive error, but the noise only sounds when I have one
>particular application open.

And the name of this mystery application?
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
February 9, 2005 1:47:56 AM

What for a application is that? Harddisk intense? Dell has an Firmware
upgrade for HTS Hitachi drives maybe yours needs one, too..
!