HDTV resolution and graphics card help

Status
Not open for further replies.

haleyrt

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2010
Hello,

I recently just built my own pc got it up and running last night. I'm using a 32in vizio hdtv as my monitor and it just doesn't look as nice as I expected it to be. Is that a problem with me or the equipment I have.

I have a GEforce GTX 460 plugged into my Vizio via hdmi.

Any help would be awesome I'm sure it is due to the card I bought.

Thanks

Solution
Make sure that the TV is receiving the input as whatever you have set in nvidia control panel (alot of people have been disappointed with going from an lcd to a TV - blurriness, not crisp - this is typical - if this is the case with you, does it look ok when viewing from couch distance?).

silversurfernhs

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
Make sure that the TV is receiving the input as whatever you have set in nvidia control panel (alot of people have been disappointed with going from an lcd to a TV - blurriness, not crisp - this is typical - if this is the case with you, does it look ok when viewing from couch distance?).

Solution

haleyrt

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2010
Thanks a ton you two I did figure that out didn't even think about it like that...I just set it to a lower resolution so I can actually read things when close to it...I was worried it wasn't going to look nice for games I finally got one installed and realized what was going on after some more research thank you!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.