Tags:
  • Homebuilt
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
November 10, 2010 1:02:51 AM

Hello, this is my setup.

ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3 AM3 AMD 880G SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard

PowerColor AX5770 1GBD5-H Radeon HD 5770 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 CrossFireX Support Video Card

AMD Athlon II X4 645 Propus 3.1GHz Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor

Western Digital Caviar Black WD5001AALS 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL

I have a few questions.

First of all, are the mobo and VGA compatible? I keep getting error messages when I try and install the drivers for my VGA and the Mobo software doesn't recognize the VGA...

I had to use a super old HDD with xp already installed... With my SATA hdd and SATA cdrom, I would save my BIOS setting to boot in the sequence of CD/HD/disable third option. After this, I couldn't get back in my BIOS, and would only get a blank screen and no "boot from disk" generic screen.. extremely aggravating... Should I have the mobo replaced?

And I am using XP.. When I tried installing DX11 it gave me an error message about something to do with XP...

And my VGA drivers couldn't finish an install without hitting an error..

Can most of these problems be attributed to my OS (xp) or should I get a VGA that is more compatible with my Mobo?

This has been the most painful experience with any piece of technology I have ever experienced. I am considering taking the 200-300 dollar hit and just returing EVERYTHING (newegg charges a FIFTEEN PERCENT restocking fee...) Should I struggle through this build or just kill it?

Thanks

More about : horrible experience build

November 10, 2010 1:14:43 AM

Quote:
Hello, this is my setup.

ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3 AM3 AMD 880G SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard

PowerColor AX5770 1GBD5-H Radeon HD 5770 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 CrossFireX Support Video Card

AMD Athlon II X4 645 Propus 3.1GHz Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor

Western Digital Caviar Black WD5001AALS 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL

I have a few questions.

First of all, are the mobo and VGA compatible? I keep getting error messages when I try and install the drivers for my VGA and the Mobo software doesn't recognize the VGA...

I had to use a super old HDD with xp already installed... With my SATA hdd and SATA cdrom, I would save my BIOS setting to boot in the sequence of CD/HD/disable third option. After this, I couldn't get back in my BIOS, and would only get a blank screen and no "boot from disk" generic screen.. extremely aggravating... Should I have the mobo replaced?

And I am using XP.. When I tried installing DX11 it gave me an error message about something to do with XP...

And my VGA drivers couldn't finish an install without hitting an error..

Can most of these problems be attributed to my OS (xp) or should I get a VGA that is more compatible with my Mobo?

This has been the most painful experience with any piece of technology I have ever experienced. I am considering taking the 200-300 dollar hit and just returing EVERYTHING (newegg charges a FIFTEEN PERCENT restocking fee...) Should I struggle through this build or just kill it?

Thanks

Yes that card will work. DX11 will not work in XP. Upgrade to windows 7 is cheaper than the re-stock fee. My advice is to back-up what you need and upgrade the OS, install latest bios updates and move forward.

Taking a hard drive with an OS previously installed and simply mounting it to a new mobo will ALWAYS cause you headaches due to driver conflicts and such.

You have all the right parts so I say stick to it.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
November 10, 2010 1:14:52 AM

If you didnt do a clean install of XP onto the hard disk i was attribute most of the errors to your OS.

Also, XP cannot install DX 11, it cant be done, its only supported by windows 7 and windows Vista.
m
l
!