Solved Closed

Hard drive shows wrong size

Hello,
I have a 1tb hard drive but it show is a 116gb hard drive so how can i get the full 1tb?
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about hard drive shows wrong size
  1. From where are you reading the 116GB? Are you sure you aren't looking at "space available"? Did you get the HDD from a reputable source? It wouldn't be too difficult to change labels on a HDD.
  2. Is there a large unallocated partition? Right click on computer>disc management>see what it says about the drive there.
  3. wanderer11 said:
    Is there a large unallocated partition? Right click on computer>disc management>see what it says about the drive there.

815.17gb unallocated
  4. Right click on the formatted partition for that drive and look for something like "expand volume". That should work for you.
  5. Best answer
    Right click on the formatted partition for that drive and look for something like "expand volume". That should work for you.
  6. wanderer11 said:
    Right click on the formatted partition for that drive and look for something like "expand volume". That should work for you.

thank you for the help.
  7. aceshadowz said:
    Hello,
    I have a 1tb hard drive but it show is a 116gb hard drive so how can i get the full 1tb?

Perhaps, this could give your some clues:
    http://www.howtogeek.com/125923/7-ways-to-free-up-hard-disk-space-on-windows/
  8. wanderer11 said:

This worked wonderfully , thanks
Ask a new question

Read More

Hard Drives Storage