• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 4 100.0%

• Total voters

209chromatic

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2010
ATT is getting really annoying I have had to change my modem 3 times already.I also think i am getting a really slow speed.
Is this slow connection or what?
820114796.png
[/URL][/img]

Yes that is a very slow connection -- What speed connection are you paying for ? I have AT&T Uverse 18Mbs ($65/mo) and get pretty close to their advertised speeds -- Is Uverse available in your area ?

820127357.png

209chromatic

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2010
uverse is available.
I pay $20 a month.
Wanted to get Comcast triple play.
It is $100 a month for Internet cable and home phone.
Do you pay $65 a month only for Internet?

I have it for all 3 services TV (U450 which includes pretty much everything including the sports packages etc.) - the 18Mb\s internet and unlimited home phone service - all together it comes to around $260 ($112 for TV, $65 for internet, $35 for Phone, $21 for 3 additional set top boxes for 4 TV's, $30 in Gov't fees, Taxes, surcharges) But that is for the most expensive package since we have 4 adults in the house that all use the services quite a bit and it includes pretty much every channel they offer (all movie packages, sports packages, etc.) -- and when we signed up they were running a $350 cash back promotion ( Visa Gift Cards) and there was no installation fees and no long term contract.

We actually cut the total cost by about $70/month over what we were paying for Time Warner, AT&T Hi speed Internet, AT&T home phone service - got $350 in VISA cards and increased the Number of channels we were getting and increased the internet speed from 2Mbs to 18Mbs (makes a world of difference in downloading and surfing the web with 3 or 4 systems in use ) - so it has been a pretty good deal for us ! - you might want to look over the various packages compared to comcasts offerings and get what works out best for you. ( IIRC they do not offer just the internet service but many people have ordered a package and then cancelled all but the internet service and were able to do it that way to just get the internet coverage if that is all you want.)

EDIT : Here is a site that shows some of the promotions they are currently running - the savings can add up so be sure to check them if you are going with Uverse.

Brian_tii

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
I usually get ~21mbit down and 3-4 mbit up with ComCast. It's been fairly stable / reliable, and unlike their cable tv service I actually feel it's worth the money. Uverse isn't available in my area.

Brian_tii

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
I've found their customer service to be hit and miss. I've had some great experiences and some completely incompetent ones... but then again I can say the same thing about ATT...

harsha8

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2010
Why you don't try with the Broadband internet services? Its a simple and good for the speed internet services.. Also good for the internet process.. Am using Airtel Broadband in india, simply superb.. Also i check my internet speed from here http://www.ip-details.com/internet-speed-test/ @ free of costs.. In here we can check the Ip address details also...

Beachnative

Honorable
Jan 25, 2013
There are rules for removing the BS from Comacast's plate of customer service.

1) Always write down who you talked to and why you called and the date/time. This should be the first thing you ask, it's funny how they really listen after doing this
2) Never use and outside source for testing your speed. Use their tool ( http://speedtest.comcast.net/) and beat them over the head with the bad performance. Their first rule is to make sure they have full control of your test points, go outside of their network and they will wash their hands of it.

3) Be nice but firm, if you smell any BULL$H!* call them on it but be nice but firm.

4) If you feel like you are getting nowhere with the individual on the phone ask to talk to another tech. My conversation went " Hey Tim, I appreciate talking with you and your professionalism but I feel I need to talk to someone else, is a higher level tech or your supervison available? Again I appreciate what you have tried."

In my experience with Comcast I have found that as the nations largest ISP, they grew too big too fast, with little regards to reliability.

A customer used them at a time share in Vero Beach, Fl. All of a sudden I couldn't get to the router and my office was 40 miles away. The internet was down and the management office had over 200 calls about the internet being down. I drove there and found the router settings wer still set as per the network diagram. I rebooted the router, no luck. After talking to everyone and their brother (Over 5 hours) at Comcast, finally Jose the guy who actually knew networking, helped me get back online in less than 30 minutes.

What happened was the modem was originally set so thestatic router and block of static IP addresses would work for remote access were suddenly changed to dynamic. He explained that they just upgraded their network management system the night before and unfortunately we were a victim of poor planning.

In the end I sunk the business with a bill for $700 for my time and they were furious! I explained that Comcast's horrible customer care was to blame, not me!!!