Sign in with
Your question

RAID 5 Data Recovery / Only have the Drives

Last response: in Storage
February 20, 2013 5:35:54 PM

I'm in a bit of a tough spot. I have 3 drives that were configured in a RAID 5 array that I need to get some data off of them. I don't have the original server equipment available or controller card that was attached to them. The array is complete, none of the disks are in a failed state. They were just removed from the previous server.

Is there any way possible to recover the data from them? Possible using a usb connection of some sort?
a b G Storage
February 20, 2013 7:00:57 PM

There are utilities available to recover data from a RAID array.

Go to www.ufsexplorer.com and take a look at their RAID Recovery application. It is available as a free download to evaluate if it can recover your data but you must pay for a license to actually recover the data. This is pretty robust software that supports all the major file systems.

Good luck!

m
l
a b G Storage
February 20, 2013 7:04:16 PM

Try raid reconstructor. The trial version will let you know what it can recover before you buy the program.
http://www.runtime.org/raid.htm
m
l
Related resources
a b G Storage
February 20, 2013 7:05:07 PM

I've used R-studio with great success for this exact same thing

http://www.***/
m
l
a b G Storage
February 20, 2013 7:05:34 PM

www.***
m
l
February 26, 2013 11:54:35 PM

Hey guys, thanks for all your help. I was able to rebuild the RAID array and successfully recover the data using ReclaiMe. I also checked out the tools you recommended and found them very useful as well. thanks again for all the replies. :) 
m
l
February 28, 2013 12:46:04 AM

i think you need to find some data recovery software. i used minitool power data recovery for years, nice tool really.
m
l
March 1, 2013 9:38:24 PM

Hello, it seems you have accidentally lost some of the essential files from raid. However you can recover them by number of software available on internet. But this can be done if you have not overwritten them. Have you used raid after data loss?
m
l
April 2, 2014 7:49:27 AM

HumbleSage said:
I'm in a bit of a tough spot. I have 3 drives that were configured in a RAID 5 array that I need to get some data off of them. I don't have the original server equipment available or controller card that was attached to them. The array is complete, none of the disks are in a failed state. They were just removed from the previous server.

Is there any way possible to recover the data from them? Possible using a usb connection of some sort?

Hi,
If you do so as you want you will wipe all RAID Data. First clone all drives if you want to make some experiments.
Please, contact us for free advices what you must to do to not to lose your data forever or get your RAID Data back.

// Jana
+46-8-792 22 40
www.raid-data-recovery.aurora.se/
aurora.se
recovery[at]aurora.se

m
l
!