"updating software upgrades" on Toshiba Laptop

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
Share
January 23, 2005 6:33:48 AM

Does anyone know what the little "red satellite dish" icon and the
message ""updating software upgrades" is from... whether I can... or
should uninstall the software that is doing it.
I have a Toshiba Satellite, 2435-s255.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
October 12, 2009 9:02:27 PM

Hey Michael, are you a skeleton by now? Over 1.4 million members in 6 different countries and still no answer after 4 years. If no one can answer this question, than you have to seriously decide if you want ANY advice from an obvious community of numb-nutz.

That red satellite dish is what you click to get update info about the software on your laptop. Think of it as similar to Microsoft Windows Update. It looks for what your Toshiba has and supposedly updates anything that might be outdated. To answer your next question, yes, it doesn't work, much like the people at this forum. I wouldn't uninstall it, no need to. Click on options and uncheck the "automatically update softwares list", then just don't run it.
!