Core i3 vs. turion x2 64

Solution
^+1 amnotanoobie

i3 is better all around, though generally a little more expensive. It's basically a class above the poor old Turion. The Pentium Dual cores are closer in comparison to the Turion X2. Turions are good enough for most users, but even though they are generally clocked higher than the i3s the i3s preform better.
^+1 amnotanoobie

i3 is better all around, though generally a little more expensive. It's basically a class above the poor old Turion. The Pentium Dual cores are closer in comparison to the Turion X2. Turions are good enough for most users, but even though they are generally clocked higher than the i3s the i3s preform better.

Solution
By the way, Fusion parts are starting to ship. The GPU on the fusion has twice the shader power than the chipset the Turion X2 is generally paired with (80 vs 40), and is much more power efficient. Of course it's mostly a low power solution for thin laptops/netbooks with long battery times.

Anric77

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2011
To all those who replied, @megamanx00, amnotanoobie, bearclaw99, PsychoSaysDie, Herr_Koos. Thanks for the insights. Greatly appreciated...

Though I'm not really knowledgeable about clock speed, shader power and the sorts. still have to learn those. Thank you all!

Kudos