Cloning ATA drive to SATA

mawic

Honorable
Feb 21, 2013
I have Barracuda 7200.14 ST1000DM003 1TB in the post, and trying to find out if I can avoid new win install. In Seagate manual it says to plug your new hard drive (after cloning)into old one's connection. Old one is Barracuda 7200.8 PATA?
Can I do it with Seagate software or is there other way aroud it.
I build my new system Year ago using old HD, it served me well, but it's time to catch up with reality :sleep:
Also can You tell me if I can trust my new HD (mixed feedback on those new drive tech) or should use old one to watch it (7200.14 opinions welcome)

BTW it's my first post so don't be kind :sarcastic:

mawic

Honorable
Feb 21, 2013
It seams I have to answer my own question after all, so I found this tutorial http://support.seagate.com/kbimg/flash/laptop/laptop.html
That shows You how to Clone Your HDD and use it as nothing ever changed using Seagate Discwizard, and it looks great. But I can't put my new SATA3 drive into the same PC slot PATA (wide old ugly cable thingy). So did anyone used that software before and did similar thing? I am away from my House for a while, so can't acces my PC, but maybe it's an easy BIOS change? Or I'm the only dinosaur with PATA