Pixelation during gaming

Rengade008

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2010
I am having an issue with pixelation during Starcraft II and on some web pages. I have to close the game and restart to clear it. Does anyone have an idea as to what causes this? Here is my build:
Rosewill Blackbone Mid Tower Case
ECS Black Series A890GXM-AU with USB 3.0
AMD Athlon II X3 445 Rana
OCZ 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666)
Seagate 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB
SAPPHIRE 100283-3L 5770
ASUS Black 24X DVD Burner
OCZ 600W SLI Certified CrossFire Ready Power Supply
Thanks

COLGeek

Cybernaut
You are describing classic symptoms of heat/power issues. Are you overclocking either your CPU, GPU, or memory? If so, revert to stock speeds until resolved.

You need to check your airflow and system cleanliness. Open up the case and make sure you remove any bust bunnies and hairballs that may have formed. Also, look at your fans to make sure they are clean and are actually turning.

Last, verify that you are running the latest GPU drivers. Go to ati.com and download the latest version of Catalyst Suite for your flavor of Windows.

If all of that fails to resolve, I would suspect your PSU is the problem. CHeck the other stuff first and report back with your results.

Good luck!

Rengade008

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2010
this is a new build and doesn't have any dust build up yet. 600W PSU, so I don't htik it is a power issue, I will definitely check the drivers. My son has this at college, so i have to wait until he returns to check it.
thanks for the quick reply.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Also, there are some issues with Starcraft II and some ATI GPUs. I see that this system has a Sapphire HD5770, you might want to check www.sapphiretech.com for your specific model number to make sure there isn't a BIOS/firmware update for your particular video card.

If you are using the most current driver suite release from ati.com, you should be fine on the driver front.

Good luck!