Norhtbridge fan control

Juulloo

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2011
Hello,

I have a Asus X58 Sabertooth mobo, but with my graphic cards I needed to purchase two case fans for better air intake. But since I didn't have enough case fan sockets, I decided to hook my second fan up at my NB connector. I discovered this can be very loud, since it runs it standard at 1800 RPM, while the other fan runs at 1000 RPM. This can be quite annoying, since it makes a lot of noise when I'm not gaming, and at that point I don't need those two fans either way. So my question is; is there a program which lets me control my NB fan seperately? So I can turn it down while not gaming, and fire it up when I am. I've tried using SpeedFan, and with that adjusting "Speed3". But this also turns down my Aux2 fan (I don't exactly know what it is, but it seems that some of my temperatures on the motherboard start rising when I use that, which it shouldnt allow). So what I need, is a program that lets me adjust my NB fan speed seperately while having my computer turned on. Does anyone know such a program, or maybe even a better solution?

Greetings

Solution
The NB_FAN speed is not user controllable through a software utility.

CPU_FAN, CHA_FAN1 and CHA_FAN2 connectors are the only ones that support the ASUS Fan Xpert feature.