Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Free data recovery on external hard disk

Last response: in Storage
February 21, 2013 5:40:18 AM

I saved mang data(family pictures, videos,etc) in an external disk. I could see them in my old Win XP notebook till I used win 7 notebook one day. Suddenly all my data was lost, even I used the Win XP computer again, I still could not see them. But I found the storage volume of all the files still existed . Recently my another external disk encounter the same problem again.

Could you help me?

Great thanks.

Dan
February 21, 2013 11:28:08 AM

Please clarify:

1 - so you had an external drive plugged into a WinXP laptop, yes?

2 - then you tried the same drive with a Win 7 laptop and the files were gone? (drive didn't appear? or it was there in My Computer but empty?)

3 - then you plugged it back into a WinXP laptop and couldn't see anything still? (drive didn't appear at all, or it was there in My Computer but empty?)

4 - how did you unplug the drive each time? did you use the eject/"safely remove device" command from the taskbar/my computer? Or did you just yank out the cable?

5 - has the drive ever been knocked, dropped or moved around? especially if it was turned on (for future reference: never do that)

6 - what external drive is this? what make, size, model? 2.5" or 3.5"? USB connection I assume?

We need more info but what you're describing sounds a little like a drive which has been unplugged improperly (i.e. without safely ejecting it from the system first).
Score
February 22, 2013 11:24:23 PM

CrArC said:
Please clarify:

1 - so you had an external drive plugged into a WinXP laptop, yes?

2 - then you tried the same drive with a Win 7 laptop and the files were gone? (drive didn't appear? or it was there in My Computer but empty?)

3 - then you plugged it back into a WinXP laptop and couldn't see anything still? (drive didn't appear at all, or it was there in My Computer but empty?)

4 - how did you unplug the drive each time? did you use the eject/"safely remove device" command from the taskbar/my computer? Or did you just yank out the cable?

5 - has the drive ever been knocked, dropped or moved around? especially if it was turned on (for future reference: never do that)

6 - what external drive is this? what make, size, model? 2.5" or 3.5"? USB connection I assume?

We need more info but what you're describing sounds a little like a drive which has been unplugged

improperly (i.e. without safely ejecting it from the system first).

First Great thanks. I do not well know about them.

but for your questions,my answer is below

1 - so you had an external drive plugged into a WinXP laptop, yes.

2 - then you tried the same drive with a Win 7 laptop and the files were gone? (drive first appeared and can see the files only for several seconds,then all were lost, but the drive still appear in My Computer but empty.)

3 - then you plugged it back into a WinXP laptop and couldn't see anything still? (drive appeared in mu computer,but but empty, the properties show the drive that there are some files.)

4 - how did you unplug the drive each time? did you use the eject/"safely remove device" command from the taskbar/my computer? (I can not use the eject/"safely remove device" command from the taskbar/my computer, so I had to yank out the cable.)

5 - has the drive ever been knocked, dropped or moved around? especially if it was turned on (NO.)
6 - what external drive is this? what make, size, model? 2.5" or 3.5"? (USB connection , 40G and 2T)
Score
Related resources
February 25, 2013 4:46:07 AM

It sounds like that your drive is corrupted. You should try to format it for fixing this problem.
But, to recover your original data, you are supposed to run a hard disk recovery freeware at first and format this disk afterwards for saving the physical drive. This free one can retrieve your data completely as it helps my friend restore all his data. Go get it there: http://blog4mark.blogspot.com/2012/11/how-to-repair-cor...
Add some tips: You should not rewrite your wanted data with any new file in case of data loss.
You should back up your important data all the time on a different drive in the future.
Hope it works.
Score
February 26, 2013 4:03:29 AM

Hello,

You can recover your lost data from hard disk with the help of a data recovery software.I want to suggest you a tool which can help you and you can also take a free demo of this tool from here
http://www.freedatarecoverysoftware.org
Score
February 26, 2013 6:10:58 PM

Holy ***. Mods please close this spam ad of a thread.
Score
a c 289 G Storage
September 5, 2013 8:39:49 AM

leonfeldman89 said:
Holy ***. Mods please close this spam ad of a thread.

Done.
Score
!