Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

$900 everything needed.

Tags:
  • New Build
  • Systems
  • Product
Last response: in Systems
Share
November 10, 2010 11:41:14 PM

Approximate Purchase Date: Black Friday or in the next 2-3 weeks


Budget Range: (e.g.: 600-800) $900 USD before rebates


System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, General Use, HD movies


Parts Not Required: Need Everything except speakers.


Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg

Country of Origin: USA (Missouri)


Parts Preferences: by brand or type: High Quality! I prefer quality over Specs. I need a router (wired) and would like a 21"+ HD 1920*1080 Monitor


Overclocking: Maybe


SLI or Crossfire: No


Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080


Additional Comments: I am considering going with onboard graphics at this time and in 3-4 months when I can afford a good GPU getting one at that time so that I can get a better system overall. Im on a 7 year old machine and Im afraid its on it last breath. I have not played any recent games due to my old PC so I can live a few more months without a mid/high end GPU. WOW is probably the latest game I can currently play so as long as onboard can play WOW at a decent rate I can live with it.

That being said if I can get a complete system for $900 including a router (wired), OS, and monitor that includes a decent GPU then by all means I will.


Thanks!

More about : 900 needed

November 11, 2010 3:44:54 AM

Baralis said:
Approximate Purchase Date: Black Friday or in the next 2-3 weeks


Budget Range: (e.g.: 600-800) $900 USD before rebates


System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, General Use, HD movies


Parts Not Required: Need Everything except speakers.


Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg

Country of Origin: USA (Missouri)


Parts Preferences: by brand or type: High Quality! I prefer quality over Specs. I need a router (wired) and would like a 21"+ HD 1920*1080 Monitor


Overclocking: Maybe


SLI or Crossfire: No


Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080


Additional Comments: I am considering going with onboard graphics at this time and in 3-4 months when I can afford a good GPU getting one at that time so that I can get a better system overall. Im on a 7 year old machine and Im afraid its on it last breath. I have not played any recent games due to my old PC so I can live a few more months without a mid/high end GPU. WOW is probably the latest game I can currently play so as long as onboard can play WOW at a decent rate I can live with it.

That being said if I can get a complete system for $900 including a router (wired), OS, and monitor that includes a decent GPU then by all means I will.


Thanks!



Here is what I came up with after re doing the rig i listed earlier. I got it down to $927 shipped with an additional $35 in mail in rebates waiting. This is all predicated on wanting "high quality" brands so the price could be lower if the OP was ok with some lesser known brads for some components.

I would post the screen shot of the newegg page but I don't know how to.


1x Rosewill Challenger ATX case (tom's hardware best buy)
1x Acer G235HAAbd 23" 1080p monitor
1x HD5830 (XFX)
1x antec earth watts 650 watt psu
1x Set 2x2 set OCZ reaper HPC edition
1x Asus M4A785TD-V EVO
1x Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz
1x Seagate 1TB 7200 rpm HDD
1x Windows 7
m
0
l
Related resources
November 11, 2010 3:47:52 AM




Looks good but it seems he wants big name brands so some of the parts might not cut it for him. I don't know how to post pics of I would have posted a pic of what I priced up. Also I didn't include an os cause I always assume people have tons of cracked os like I do. Back to the drawing board
m
0
l

Best solution

November 11, 2010 7:08:52 AM



$907 + shipping - disscounts - $50 rebates = enough for a new router!
Share
November 11, 2010 12:49:53 PM

one more option, all high quality parts, clocks in at $865AR ($35 leftover for a decent router):

m
0
l
November 11, 2010 1:14:38 PM



m
0
l
November 11, 2010 1:18:05 PM

Why are so many of the builds using samsund HDDs?

The guy said he wanted quality parts and from what i've heard everywhere samesung is only better than toshiba Hitatchi when it comes to HDDs which is to say pretty crappy.
m
0
l
November 11, 2010 1:21:03 PM

That is the number one recommended hdd because it is the best bang for the buck out right now, it runs on 500gb platters making it super fast and has a very low failure rate
m
0
l
November 11, 2010 1:21:54 PM

tical2399 said:
Why are so many of the builds using samsund HDDs?

The guy said he wanted quality parts and from what i've heard everywhere samesung is only better than toshiba when it comes to HDDs which is to say pretty crappy.


...what?

The Spinpoint F3 500GB/1TB drives are some of the best-reviewed drives anywhere. I'd like to see where you're getting this information.
m
0
l
November 11, 2010 1:32:04 PM

ultimabeam said:
...what?

The Spinpoint F3 500GB/1TB drives are some of the best-reviewed drives anywhere. I'd like to see where you're getting this information.


Are ALL samsung drives reviewed well/well respected or is that PARTICULAR model well reviewed/respected? I've heard bad stuff about samsung drives in many places (including here).
m
0
l
November 11, 2010 2:10:47 PM

tical2399 said:
Are ALL samsung drives reviewed well/well respected or is that PARTICULAR model well reviewed/respected? I've heard bad stuff about samsung drives in many places (including here).


I have a friend who owns about 9 or 10 samsungs from different generations and different sizes and samsung is the only brand he didnt complain.

he had a TON of seagates, and many maxtors and WDs and all had problems, but samsung, well, he is amased too that those were the only ones without problems, but they are good, and he is a happy man

you will probably ask why so may HDDs, well, he is an antrepeneur and has around 4 pcs in his house and some laptops and at one point also had 3 servers
m
0
l
November 11, 2010 2:24:08 PM

deceneu said:
I have a friend who owns about 9 or 10 samsungs from different generations and different sizes and samsung is the only brand he didnt complain.

he had a TON of seagates, and many maxtors and WDs and all had problems, but samsung, well, he is amased too that those were the only ones without problems, but they are good, and he is a happy man

you will probably ask why so may HDDs, well, he is an antrepeneur and has around 4 pcs in his house and some laptops and at one point also had 3 servers



I guess. I only have WD drives and never had a problem with any. Most other friends or co-workers have combos of WD and seagates in thair machines. I trust samsung for my tv and monitors but i'll pass when it come to HDDs
m
0
l
November 11, 2010 2:28:16 PM

I have the spinpoint f3 500gb, and I must say its without a doubt the fastest hdd I have personally used =]
m
0
l
November 11, 2010 3:29:52 PM

tical2399 said:
I guess. I only have WD drives and never had a problem with any. Most other friends or co-workers have combos of WD and seagates in thair machines. I trust samsung for my tv and monitors but i'll pass when it come to HDDs


my friend and I had a GREAT deal of trust in seagates, we would ONLY buy seagates , until they started dying on us
finally my friend found the samsungs, and we never looked back
today, samsung is the way to go, maybe in a year or 2 there will be another brand who makes the ebst HDDs, maybe it will be a brand at which today we would laugh at it, just like we laughed 4 years ago when we found out that samsung also makes HDDs

BUT MAN, this is not politics or food where you can have a lifelong preferance, this is IT where things change each year, just dont be narrowminded, that is for the good of your wallet. :) 
m
0
l
November 11, 2010 8:17:19 PM

Thank you everyone for your input. I took bits and pieces and put this list together. My main worry is the memory. Will it be compatible with this motherboard? I have looked at Gskill as well as Mushkin and neither list this MB on their list. Granted several Asus motherboards I looked at also were not on their lists. But this does worry me a bit not seeing confirmation that the RAM is approved.

Also if anyone has any other suggestions I am always open to them. I will probably order as soon as I get the ok on comparability.


ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Black SATA 24X DVD Burner - Bulk - OEM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Asus VE228H 21.5" Full HD HDMI LED BackLight LCD Monitor w/Speakers
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

TRENDnet TW100-S4W1CA 10/100Mbps DSL/Cable Broadband Router
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

HIS H685F1GD Radeon HD 6850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

BELKIN A3L791B10-S 10 ft. Cat 5 Gray UTP Patch Cable
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F3-10600CL9D-4GBNT
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?Ite...

COOLER MASTER HAF 912 RC-912-KKN1 Black SECC/ ABS Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?Ite...

Microsoft Comfort Curve Keyboard 2000
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?Ite...

Microsoft Wheel Mouse Optical - OEM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?Ite...

CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 ...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?Ite...

AMD Athlon II X3 445 Rana 3.1GHz Socket AM3 95W Triple-Core Desktop Processor ADX445WFGMBOX
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?Ite...

ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3 AM3 AMD 880G SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?Ite...

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 1-Pack for System Builders - OEM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?Ite...


m
0
l
November 11, 2010 9:01:16 PM

some toughts on your build.

- HIS is not the best manufacturer for video cards, watch prices on GTX 460, both cards performance its pretty similar, and prices are right now around the same.

- Dont go cheap in memory, try to find sticks with heats spreaders, they are really good for gaming.... not just fancy looking

- your case besides its a really good case, you can have very similar room/performance around $45+

- dont go athlon II X3, if want to save on CPU, try at least Phenom II x3 (black edition if possible).

- Your board its really good if you want some overclock potencial, crossfire capability and onboard graphics just in case, but a 870 board its less expensive, and still overclocks very well.

- Combos are your best friends!
m
0
l
November 12, 2010 12:52:30 AM

pipepoker said:
some toughts on your build.

- HIS is not the best manufacturer for video cards, watch prices on GTX 460, both cards performance its pretty similar, and prices are right now around the same.

- Dont go cheap in memory, try to find sticks with heats spreaders, they are really good for gaming.... not just fancy looking

- your case besides its a really good case, you can have very similar room/performance around $45+

- dont go athlon II X3, if want to save on CPU, try at least Phenom II x3 (black edition if possible).

- Your board its really good if you want some overclock potencial, crossfire capability and onboard graphics just in case, but a 870 board its less expensive, and still overclocks very well.

- Combos are your best friends!



Thanks Pipe. I changed it up again with better Ram, a 870 MB and a different GPU.

Thank you everyone for the builds. It set me in the right direction!
m
0
l
November 12, 2010 12:52:58 AM

Best answer selected by baralis.
m
0
l
!