How to increase my download speed

jysn100

Distinguished
May 20, 2010

BSNL broadband unlimited 256 kbps.....cable modem....lan....

gtvr

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2009
Are you sure that the download speed as measured wasn't 30KB? Because that would work out to 240Kb, which would match pretty well.

How did you measure the download speed? Can you try speedtest.net & post a screen shot?

jysn100

Distinguished
May 20, 2010

dude whenever i download a file using firefox or download accelerators from past two yrs its only 30 kbps its the maximum speed

Kewlx25

Distinguished

Most download programs show KB, not kb. So, like the previous post, are you getting 30KB or 30kb?

_orbital_

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2008

what difference does it make.. he was just saying he is getting 30 KiloBytes Per Second
tell me the difference between 30 KB or 30 kb to me it is the same

Catsrules

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2008
UPPERCASE B is byte lowercase b is bit
So 30KB is 30 KiloBytes and 30kb is 30 Kilobits.
There are 8 bits in a byte. so you will need to divide your Kilobits by 8 to get the Kilobytes, and multiply by 8 to go back.
Most if not all ISP advertise there speeds in bits because lets face is 240 Kbs sounds alot better then 30KBs.

This all so applys to the others Megabytes and Megabits Gigabytes Gigabits ect.

Sounds like you are getting what you are paying for !! -- 30KBs == 240Kbs so right inline with a 256Kbs connection speed (figure you also have some other communication going on the line in addition to the download) -- So if you want faster downloads you'll need to upgrade the service contract to a faster speed (256 Kbs is a pretty slow connection speed nowadays)

For example Here is my speedtest result in Kbs :

835278993.png

and in KBs :

835280948.png

TO illustrate the difference between Kbs (bits) and KBs (bytes) Note this is 2 seperate runs so the speed is not exactly the same or would be divisible by 8 to change from one to the other but is close enough to show the difference in reported results !!

G

Hi you can use the internet speed accelerator or internet download manager to increase your speed. it is the good one to increase the speed of internet. i used the internet speed accelerator and now my internet speed is good and i checked my speed in this site http://www.ip-details.com/internet-speed-test/