Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Can't install ATI drivers anymore?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 20, 2010 12:47:37 AM

http://www.mediafire.com/?4ha6htncg8cna9h

Its weird that I'm getting these errors. Tried installing in safe mode but get the driver not detected thing. Installed dot.net and still won't work to install the ati drivers. Why am I getting these failures to install. Even the CD that came with my card(4670) won't work either. I tried the latest one, 10.5, 9.11, 9.12 :sweat: 

Edit : the mediafire link is the report that ati installer gave me.
Score
September 20, 2010 12:50:57 AM

-_-

"Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)" Is my card me now? The quote was what device manager says about my card.
Score
Related resources
a b \ Driver
September 20, 2010 1:41:25 AM

In your other thread you said you were switching back to your 8600GT, what happened?
Score
September 20, 2010 1:22:23 PM

Well thats why I was using driver sweeper in the first place. I wanted to have a clean install of Nvidia drivers(which was a success). Couldn't stand to play B:AA in such low resolution and details so I decided to switch back to ati 4670. Then this problem occured. Cleaned out the previous nvidia drivers also.
Score

Best solution

September 20, 2010 7:10:33 PM

somehow i get the feeling you did not uninstall all ati software prior to use driver sweeper
when removing a driver package you must choose and select remove all ati software when uninstalling that is the only and proper way.
i have have been swithcing cards several times and you have to uninstall exactly or else these errors happen.
So the only option is uninstall again all drivers and when rebooted and installed go to the driver tab and check which driver is loaded, what i found was that somehow windows kept loading the microsoft ones which you don't want.
So select choose and find the ati map and select it yourself
September 20, 2010 10:24:07 PM

Thanks ubronan :) 

Windows kept on installing its own driver which caused screen flashes and labeled as "vga video adapter". Found out I had to install the drivers by going into device manager and browsing to the drivers from display adapters instead. :whistle: 
Score
September 21, 2010 1:07:03 AM

Best answer selected by controlpanelheist.
Score
a b \ Driver
September 21, 2010 1:07:55 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!