Spider in my computer case.

t4kedown

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2011
Hello, I had the side of my computer case open due to it being to so hot in summer here in Australia. I was working on my compter whenI saw a Huntsman spider run into my computer. I cannot find him. He was about 7 cm in length from leg to leg. What should I do? Should I leave him in there and continue on my computer until it climbs out by itself? What damage could it do.

The spider that crawled inside my computer compared to the Lincoln memorial. You'll be fine.

Brown-House-Spider.jpg

lmsp2.jpg

linh6496

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2010

Nice pun!

It will probably leave sooner or later, hopefully it doesnt get into the power supply or it could short it out. You can take off the side cover (assuming its a mid tower computer), or lid if its a slim desktop computer, and try to locate it and get it out. The worst thing that can happen that i can think of is it will run out one day and run across your fingers while your typing..........:O

Haserath

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010

Be careful, explosions, even corny ones, can cause huge FPS drops that could cause symptoms of wanting to throw your computer out the window. Luckily you got on the web just in time, we might be able to save your computer.

Maybe you should go WD40 with that Raid to speed things up a bit. Don't shake the can too much or it might not work with your Raid.

Suggestion: Don't play a flight simulator, or the spider might mistake your cpu for dinner.

What's funny is that this adds a whole new meaning to solitaire.

I would personally screw your cpu case shut and burn your whole computer after seeing t4akedowns picture. shivers :) good excuse for an upgrade :)
Might I suggest Intel Burn Test?

Or maybe you should just unplug the computer, get a hairdryer and blow the spider out before it gets into anything. I would rather be safe than sorry!