Sign in with
Your question

Graphics Card Question

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 20, 2010 5:22:48 AM

Hello everyone,

I built a new computer a few months ago and just realized recently that I was still using the integrated graphics on the mother board instead of from my graphics card. Problem is, I can't seem to get it to work. I've seen some other posts of a variation of this problem, but I seem to have a twist. My computer isn't recognizing that there is a graphics card installed at all besides the integrated.

I have:
a MSI 785GM-E51 mATX mother board
a XFX HD 5570 1GB graphics card

Any advice would be much appreciated. Let me know if I can provide any more info that will help.

Thank ye all

More about : graphics card question

a b U Graphics card
September 20, 2010 5:27:35 AM

Have you tried manually selecting the graphics card and disabling the integrated GPU in the BIOS?
m
l
September 20, 2010 6:02:17 AM

I did not. I tried switching the input from internal to pci/pci-e.

How do i get to the options you mentioned?

Thanks
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
September 20, 2010 7:31:55 AM

Try this:

Attach monitor to vid card port.
Clear CMOS*.
Enter BIOS, load default options, manually change to PCI/PCIe, save BIOS and exit.

* Pull plug from wall, remove CMOS battery, press case power switch a few times (discharges stored power), wait 10 minutes, re-install CMOS battery.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
September 20, 2010 9:58:06 AM

You should probably disable the onboard Graphics in the " device manager". Then restart the computer and see what happens. If it still doesn't boot then you should take the card out. Turn it on and let it beep. Then turn back off and put the card back in. If this doesn't work, you may have a faulty Video Card, or a faulty Expansion slot on the motherboard.
m
l
!