New Agility 4 128GB, I am very very troubled

yonyz

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2009
Hi,

Today I received a brand new OCZ Agility 4 128GB SSD.
Installed in my computer (SATA 2 and not 3, sadly).

I already had a Crucial M4 64 GB installed with Windows 8 on it (I installed Win 8 just last night, so it's "clean").

I used Disk Management to create a new NTFS partition for the new 128 GB SSD, and installed Steam into it and some TV episode.

After a few hours, a Steam game got stuck in loading a level. The loading was simply not ending for minutes, something that takes seconds usually. So I force quit it, and then in Computer, I tried to access the new SSD's partition but couldn't, it was making Windows Explorer not respond. I restarted and when Win 8 was loading, it says "fixing hard drive" or something like that, with percentage, it reached 100% and all was good again.

Then it happened all over again, but after the restart, Windows didn't say it was fixing anything, and it worked again.

Now I downloaded and installed a program called CrystalDiskInfo.
It says my M4's health, which is a few months old, is 98%, and the OCZ's health - barely a day old - is 81 percent.

Did I receive a half-broken SSD or what?

Thank you.

Solution

Sorry, I misread your post and didn't realize your O/S was on the M4.

Since you've already Secure Erased the drive and you're still getting the low health then you should try to get the drive replaced.

yonyz

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2009
But Win 8 is installed on the M4 SSD. Why reinstall it?
And I already did a secure erase to the SSD with the bootable ssd tools of OCZ.

Edit:

Now Origin has given me an error while downloading a game, probably was unable to write to the SSD.
I think the SSD is just broken.

Edit 2:

BTW, AHCI is already enabled in the BIOS.

Sorry, I misread your post and didn't realize your O/S was on the M4.

Since you've already Secure Erased the drive and you're still getting the low health then you should try to get the drive replaced.

Solution

yonyz

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2009

Will do. Thank you.
I hope I won't have a problem with the fact that I got it off eBay ("Brand New" though).