Slow Windows Boot Times with Crucial M4 SSD

allgeiert

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2011
I have a Crucial M4 256gb and I am using it on the Asus P8Z77-V Pro. The other drives in my system are an OCZ Onyx 32gb SSD, 1tb Seagate 5400rpm Sata 3gb/s, and a 1tb Hitachi 7.2k Sata 6gb/s. My problem is that I have been experiencing slow boot times, it would take about 10 seconds after the flag showed up. I ran through every possible solution and none have worked.

I have:

- Switched SATA cables and made sure they were Rev 3
- Made sure it is plugged into the Intel port
- Optimized windows with SSD Magician (I used to have a Samsung 830)
- Ran benchmarks making sure the performance is close to the specifications, and it is

I finally gave up and decided to secure erase it and clean install windows. When I did this I unplugged all other hard drives and everything went great, the boot times are super fast again. Then I plugged all my other drives back in and the slow boot times started again. I decided to do a few more tests by only plugging in 1 other drive besides the M4 and it seems as though the mechanical drives are slowing it down. When I plugged in just the OCZ no difference in boot, as when the M4 was alone, the windows blops didn't even get close to touching. The Hitachi drive caused the longest delay, the blops just about touch. The Seagate drive slows it down a little but not much, the blops never touch but they crossover each other. When both the Seagate and Hitachi drives are plugged in the blops turn into the flag for about 2 seconds. When all the drives are plugged in the blops turn into the flag for about 3-5 seconds. I know this doesn't seem like a big deal but this is on a clean install of windows nothing else.

I would also like to note that when I had my Samsung 830 installed the flag never showed up, the blops wouldn't even crossover.
I'm sorry for my terminology, I know it isn't the best but I don't know what else to call the windows loading things besides blops.
I'm also sorry for the lengthiness, I just wanted to be detailed.
My question pretty much is, Is there anyway to get rid of the excess time caused by the other drives? Or is there maybe a problem with the drives?