Solved

Components Compatibility and Questions

Kindly check if these components are compatible with each other. Thanks in advance! :)

Processor: Intel Core i7-950 (3.06G) 8mb LGA1366
Motherboard: Asus P6T Deluxe
Hard Drive: Barracuda 7200.12 SATA 3Gb/s 1TB
Video Card: Geforce GTX 460 1GB
Memory: Kingston 2GB PC3-10600 DDR3-1333 (3 pcs)
DVD-RW: LG 24x GSA-H24LS50 SATA LightScribe or LG 22x GH22LS50 SATA LightScribe

Three more things:
1st: Can you suggest a good brand for Geforce GTX 460 1GB with good coolers along with it?
2nd: Can you name some new AMD video cards that match up with GTX 460 1GB?
3rd: Which DVD-RW do you think is better?

PS. I'm a bit on the rush so sorry for not providing much. :)

Thanks again!
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about components compatibility questions
  1. Best answer
    Is this the motherboard you're looking at? Seems ok, though it doesn't have support for USB 3.0 or SATA 6.0 Gb/s. Neither of which are necessary, but it's something to consider.

All of the parts look fine.

1) I'd make most of my decision on a graphics card based on price/warranty, I don't think brand matters a whole lot.
    2) The new 6850 and 6870 have similar performance to the 1 GB 460. The 6850 is slightly slower, the 6870 is slightly faster.
    3) Whichever is the least expensive.
  2. I agree with coldsleep, and would add:

- The 1TB HD we normally recommend here is the Samsung Spinpoint F3 for speed.

- The Gigabyte 1gb 460 has been the least expensive for a while here, and its slightly OC'd out of the box.
  3. The Seagate 7200.12 is equivalent to the Samsung Spinpoint (both use 500 GB platters, and trade spots in various performance benchmarks). I wouldn't switch to the Spinpoint F3 if the Seagate is significantly less expensive. If they're approximately the same price, then the choice is up to you.

The Samsung drive does have fewer negative reviews (though they both average 4 eggs), but relying on that means relying on newegg reviews. :)
  4. coldsleep said:
    Is this the motherboard you're looking at? Seems ok, though it doesn't have support for USB 3.0 or SATA 6.0 Gb/s. Neither of which are necessary, but it's something to consider.

All of the parts look fine.

1) I'd make most of my decision on a graphics card based on price/warranty, I don't think brand matters a whole lot.
    2) The new 6850 and 6870 have similar performance to the 1 GB 460. The 6850 is slightly slower, the 6870 is slightly faster.
    3) Whichever is the least expensive.

I am referring to this one. But thanks for the answers. Hehe
  5. Best answer selected by blitzace20.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Compatibility Components Systems