Sign in with
Your question

Computer keepings freezing constantly

Last response: in CPUs
February 5, 2011 5:42:01 PM

Im not sure what the problem is, but my computer has been freezing alot on me lately, whenever i try to play music it plays very choppy and also whenever i move my mouse it is very delayed....does anyone have any input on what the problem is?
a b à CPUs
February 5, 2011 7:39:27 PM

Check your RAM; Memtest86.com.

If it isn't your RAM then run a check disk "Error Checking/Chkdsk" on your hard drive.

If you are unsure how to run either of these, tell us your operating system (Windows XP/Vista/7? etc) and we'll get more specific.
m
l
February 5, 2011 8:33:42 PM

i have windows vista
m
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
February 5, 2011 9:49:34 PM

To run a memtest, download it here ---> (click here).

Unzip it to where you can find it. This is an image file and needs to be burn to a disc and be bootable. For this get a program called ImgBurn.

Use "Write File Image to Disk" and find the image you unzipped. Once it's done burning leave the CD in your computer. Boot from the disk to run the test. If you don't know how, ask. :) 

For a check disk scan go to command prompt and type "chkdsk /r" without the quotes. Restart your computer and it will scan before you log in.

To get to command prompt go to Start>Programs>Accessories>Command Prompt (be sure to be logged in as administrator).
m
l
a c 200 à CPUs
February 5, 2011 10:45:47 PM

1. Remove and replace sound drivers.

2. Check Event Viewer for messages

3. Run memtest
http://memtest.org/

4. Check for infections of viruses / malware
m
l
!