Sign in with
Your question

Xigmatek Utgard

Last response: in Systems
November 11, 2010 9:50:07 PM

Im looking at a new case and cpu cooler and im really liking the Xigmatek Utgard. What do you guys think??? and Im also looking at the Noctua Nh-D14. The case is 8.1 inches wide and the cooler is 160 mm tall. You think it will fit? Thanks for your help.

More about : xigmatek utgard

a b à CPUs
November 11, 2010 9:58:45 PM

I was looking at the mesh side panel version of this case for future builds. The Xigmatek site says it is 222mm wide, so it will probably handle the 160mm cooler ok.
m
l
November 12, 2010 4:25:57 AM

mocoloco90 said:
Im looking at a new case and cpu cooler and im really liking the Xigmatek Utgard. What do you guys think??? and Im also looking at the Noctua Nh-D14. The case is 8.1 inches wide and the cooler is 160 mm tall. You think it will fit? Thanks for your help.

A simple way to see if the D14 will fit is to make a cardboard template, place it on the cpu and then close the case. I use the D14 in both my Antec and Coolermaster cases and they fit. Having tried various coolers, the D14 has been the best in my experience. That said, it depends a lot on how you overclock and what CPU you are using. On my i7 computers, I can get them up to 4.0ghz with a D14 and still keep the temps in the 70s(c). Others I have tried have run as high as the 90s(c) and a TRUE with two fans in the 80s(c). At the same time, a V8 or a TRUE with two fans will keep my AMD 955 an 1090T in the 40-50c area. So as i said, it depends a lot on your cpu and the amount of overclock.
m
l
November 12, 2010 9:28:46 AM

Thanks for all the help guys, really appreciate it
m
l
!