Sign in with
Your question

New Build (Have a few questions)

Last response: in Systems
November 12, 2010 1:13:10 AM

Hello,

I am in the middle of buying parts for a new computer, so I was wondering if anyone can give some pointers on which parts to buy.

Motherboard - ???
Processor - AMD Phenom II x6 1055T
RAM - ???
Video Card - ???
Sound Card - ???
Case - Antec 300 Mid-Tower
Power Supply - Corsair 500W

The computer is basically used to play some games like Starcraft II. Aside from that, there isn't much I will be doing with my computer.

My budget is relatively no limit? I will not shell out more than 2000 on a computer, but I will pay for parts if they are worth it. If possible, I would like some different options, like cheap, mid-budget, & above average.

Thanks in Advance

More about : build questions

November 12, 2010 1:50:36 AM

Here is an idea on the lower end. If this is only for sc2 this will more than suffice. When it starts to show its age you can add another 6850=]
November 13, 2010 12:17:52 AM

Mid Range(Kinda High-ish):

(Deduct $100 if you already have win7)
Use This for Case/HDD

OverKill:

So what if it could probably run crysis...

Related resources
November 30, 2010 8:07:34 PM

Thx for the replies!!
I took a long time to find good deals on different parts, but this is the final build I guess you can say. I am not sure if the computer will overheat or anything, so hopefully some1 on the board can give me tips if you think it'll overheat. This computer was supposed to only play SCII and possibly other new games like Diablo III, but I decided to spend a bit more $$ and hope that this computer will last me a few years (hopefully 5 like my old one.. ^^)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H w/ Radeon HD 4290
CPU: AMD Phenomâ„¢ II X6 1055T
RAM: 8GB (4x2GB) Kingston ValueRAM
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 6850 1GB GDDR5 PCI-E w/ Dual DVI, HDMI
Case: Antec 300 Mid-Tower
Power Supply: Corsair 500W

It might seem kinda overkill on the processor & stuff for now. But again, I am hoping this will last me 5 years. The only question I really have is, will this build overheat? Or is there something I should change to make the computer more efficient? I still have a 30-day refund on some of these. hahaha.. =)

Thanks
November 30, 2010 10:53:20 PM

If you're not going to overclock your CPU or GPU, then you'll be fine for cooling. This is assuming that you're buying a "boxed" CPU, as they come with a stock heatsink and fan. OEM and open boxed don't come with heatsink and fan assembly; the Retail Boxed CPU comes with Manual, Heatsink and fan, and a 3-year warranty.
!